https://www.proz.com/forum/post_editing_machine_translation/321340-memoq_wont_import_wsxz_file.html&phpv_redirected=1

MemoQ won't import .wsxz file
Thread poster: Robert Ballien
Robert Ballien
Robert Ballien
United States
Local time: 13:18
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Dec 15, 2017

I'm trying to import a .wsxz file into the free version of MemoQ to work on it for a client. When I click on the "Import Project" icon in the Project ribbon, however, I'm getting an "Operation not permitted: There is currently no license to use the function you chose" error message. This points, obviously, to this feature not being available in the free version—but I have used the free version (past the free trial period) to import and work on .wsxz files before. Am I doing something wrong?... See more
I'm trying to import a .wsxz file into the free version of MemoQ to work on it for a client. When I click on the "Import Project" icon in the Project ribbon, however, I'm getting an "Operation not permitted: There is currently no license to use the function you chose" error message. This points, obviously, to this feature not being available in the free version—but I have used the free version (past the free trial period) to import and work on .wsxz files before. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any assistance.
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Rename and unzip? Dec 15, 2017

Rebecca Ballien wrote:

This points, obviously, to this feature not being available in the free version

Thanks for any assistance.

How about renaming the package to .ZIP and extracting the MQXLIFF file?

Larissa G

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

MemoQ won't import .wsxz file

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »