Thread poster: Robert Ballien
Robert Ballien
Robert Ballien
United States
Local time: 17:13
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Dec 15, 2017

I'm trying to import a .wsxz file into the free version of MemoQ to work on it for a client. When I click on the "Import Project" icon in the Project ribbon, however, I'm getting an "Operation not permitted: There is currently no license to use the function you chose" error message. This points, obviously, to this feature not being available in the free version—but I have used the free version (past the free trial period) to import and work on .wsxz files before. Am I doing something wrong?... See more
I'm trying to import a .wsxz file into the free version of MemoQ to work on it for a client. When I click on the "Import Project" icon in the Project ribbon, however, I'm getting an "Operation not permitted: There is currently no license to use the function you chose" error message. This points, obviously, to this feature not being available in the free version—but I have used the free version (past the free trial period) to import and work on .wsxz files before. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any assistance.
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Rename and unzip? Dec 15, 2017

Rebecca Ballien wrote:

This points, obviously, to this feature not being available in the free version

Thanks for any assistance.

How about renaming the package to .ZIP and extracting the MQXLIFF file?

Larissa G

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

MemoQ won't import .wsxz file

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »