https://www.proz.com/forum/post_editing_machine_translation/320828-50_discount_for_gt4t_with_promotion_code.html&phpv_redirected=1

50 % discount for GT4T with promotion code
Thread poster: Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:02
English to German
+ ...
Nov 26, 2017

Hi,

For everybody who wants to try out direct integration of MT like DeepL into your TeNTs this could be an occasion.

I found this e-mail in my spam folder. I asked if the code is still valid after Friday and the Cao from GT4T confirmed. You get the coupon field when paying by credit card and you can also get it VAT free when inserting your VAT-ID.

KR

Noe

Here information:

I received lots of discount emails toda
... See more
Hi,

For everybody who wants to try out direct integration of MT like DeepL into your TeNTs this could be an occasion.

I found this e-mail in my spam folder. I asked if the code is still valid after Friday and the Cao from GT4T confirmed. You get the coupon field when paying by credit card and you can also get it VAT free when inserting your VAT-ID.

KR

Noe

Here information:

I received lots of discount emails today and I decide to join the fun.
Use the following coupon code to make a purchase and get 50% off!

GT4T-BLACK-FRIDAY

GT4T can grab suggestions for you from DeepL, Google, Microsoft MT and Linguee, WordReference, Glosbe dictionary, all without having to open your web browser and leave your work. It works as a super add-on to all applications and CAT tools.
Download now at GT4T homepage:
https://gt4t.net/
Demo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9XxHSkhqTI
Purchase links:
https://gt4t.net/en/purchase/

[Edited at 2017-11-26 14:31 GMT]
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:02
Member (2008)
Italian to English
or you could just shoot yourself in the foot. Nov 26, 2017

Quote from their website

"Add correct translations to Glossary"

Yeah - and help to put yourself out of a job.

Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Own glossary Nov 26, 2017

Hi Tom,

I think this is your own glossary which can be used to pimp up the MT translation. GT4T doesn't send any of your translation anywhere. It's the same as using the DeepL website and pasting your text.
Business as usual is not the best strategy. We have to embrace the technology ourselves and use it to our advantage. Otherwise we'll be condemned to become eternal post-editors.

KR

[Edited at 2017-11-26 14:13 GMT]

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks a lot Nov 26, 2017

Thanks for the tip, Noe, I just received a 50% discount.

Cheers,
Gerard

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:02
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Thanks for the tip Noe, ... Nov 26, 2017

… but sadly, and stupidly, I actually bought the annual subscription on Thursday. However, I don't really mind, as I am happy to provide financial support so that Dallas can continue developing his amazingly useful little app, which I use all the time.

@Tom: the correction of glossary entries has nothing to do with sending information back to Google, but is a rather clever trick. If you find that one of your favorite MT providers is consistently providing you with very good transl
... See more
… but sadly, and stupidly, I actually bought the annual subscription on Thursday. However, I don't really mind, as I am happy to provide financial support so that Dallas can continue developing his amazingly useful little app, which I use all the time.

@Tom: the correction of glossary entries has nothing to do with sending information back to Google, but is a rather clever trick. If you find that one of your favorite MT providers is consistently providing you with very good translations, but keeps getting a specific term wrong, you can quickly and easily teach GT4T how you would like to translate it instead, and your version will be used in all future segments. I have been using this handy little feature extensively for the last couple of weeks, and it has proven exceptionally useful in certain kinds of texts that DeepL (e.g.) is very good at. It basically saves me having to manually correct specific terms over and over.

Michael
Collapse

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 09:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
Different options Nov 26, 2017

At Fix MT with Glossary, you have different options

If you choose 'post translate', the matched term will be masked before submitting to MT and then replaced by your own glossary translation.

But if you choose 'pre translate', the matched term is replaced by your translate BEFORE submitting to MT. So indeed your translation goes through the MT servers in this case.

Noe Tessmann wrote:

Hi Tom,

I think this is your own glossary which can be used to pimp up the MT translation. GT4T doesn't send any of your translation anywhere. It's the same as using the DeepL website and pasting your text.
Business as usual is not the best strategy. We have to embrace the technology ourselves and use it to our advantage. Otherwise we'll be condemned to become eternal post-editors.

KR

[Edited at 2017-11-26 14:13 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

50 % discount for GT4T with promotion code

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »