YarakuZen is a new MT tool. Could you help us out with feedback? (4 minute survey)
Thread poster: georgecore
georgecore
georgecore
Czech Republic
Sep 6, 2016

Hello everyone,

I hope I'm posting in the right category, as this is my first post here. I'm working for the company behind YarakuZen (www.yarakuzen.com) - a quite new tool for machine translation.

You might think that there's no need for another one - MT is often pretty unreliable. You have probably seen a lot of examples of, say, Google Translate messing up terribly. Well, YarakuZen i
... See more
Hello everyone,

I hope I'm posting in the right category, as this is my first post here. I'm working for the company behind YarakuZen (www.yarakuzen.com) - a quite new tool for machine translation.

You might think that there's no need for another one - MT is often pretty unreliable. You have probably seen a lot of examples of, say, Google Translate messing up terribly. Well, YarakuZen is much better at MT than Google Translate - especially where Asian languages (and other languages with syntax different from English) are concerned. It's great for translating short bits of text like business emails or for providing basis for professional translators.

That's because the system behind the machine translation is always learning - after getting the text translated, you just check if the machine translation is okay (and edit the bits that might not be) and then save the sentences to your MT phrasebook. Next time, the system should be much better at translating a similar text, leaving you with much less work to do all around.

Now, our aim with YarakuZen is not to supersede translators, but to help them and others do their jobs more easily. Because of that, I want to ask for your help.

We would like to know in what areas should we improve the tool so that it becomes useful to linguists like you. What features are missing? What's too difficult to do? What could we improve? And would you even use a MT tool in your daily work routine? These are the answers only qualified translators like you could answer us.

Would you be so kind as to fill out a survey for us? It takes about 4 minutes to fill out (and asks you to tinker around with the YarakuZen tool a bit, so it's even a bit fun. And no personal or identifiable data is collected, not even an email address. We really just want to improve YarakuZen, not spam or scam you ).

The survey can be found here -> http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3012418/YarakuZen-Survey

If you do fill out the survey, thank you very much! We appreciate it very much and will learn from your feedback. If you don't want to, it's okay. Thanks for taking the time to read through this post anyway.

I wish you all many satisfied clients!

George

(PS: I have read through the terms and conditions for the forum, and I think my post abides by all rules. But if you think there's still a problem somewhere, please let me know.)
Collapse

Yakov Katsman
Yakov Katsman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:48
Member (2016)
English to Russian
Unable to test Sep 6, 2016

There is no Russian or other European languages.

georgecore
georgecore
Czech Republic
TOPIC STARTER
I apologize for the inconvenience Sep 6, 2016

Yes, sorry about this, Yakov. The free version of YarakuZen currently supports only 8 languages, most of them Asian (Japanese, English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Indonesian, Vietnamese). There is a paid version available that supports thirteen additional languages (including Russian), but I didn't want this topic to seem like an advertising (because it's not, I'm not trying to sell the tool, we just want to see what linguists and translators like you think about it <... See more
Yes, sorry about this, Yakov. The free version of YarakuZen currently supports only 8 languages, most of them Asian (Japanese, English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Indonesian, Vietnamese). There is a paid version available that supports thirteen additional languages (including Russian), but I didn't want this topic to seem like an advertising (because it's not, I'm not trying to sell the tool, we just want to see what linguists and translators like you think about it And for the purposes of this simple survey, the free version should be more than enough).

Feel free to check the tool and the survey out anyway - we welcome any form of feedback you could give us, and you can still comment on all the other things apart from the quality of MT (since you can't try out your language pair) - maybe you already see that there's a function lacking that you would appreciate in your daily translating routine? Maybe the interface is not clear enough? And rest assured - the Russian language (or European languages in general) not being available from the get go is now on our list of things that we will consider some more.

Thank you for giving us a bit of your time!

George
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

YarakuZen is a new MT tool. Could you help us out with feedback? (4 minute survey)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »