Charnette Bank
Charnette Bank  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 23:38
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 4, 2016

Hi

I'm doing proofreading work of machine translated phrases; English to Swedish. The phrase "social butterfly" is translated to "social fjäril", and while this is correct, for me it sounds weird. Do we really use this expression in Sweden? Jag använder aldrig detta uttryck, men vill erkänna att jag inte kan samtliga slanguttryck i alla delar av landet.

Anyone got a tip how to translate "social butterfly" to Swedish? I've thought of "socitetslejon" but that symbolis
... See more
Hi

I'm doing proofreading work of machine translated phrases; English to Swedish. The phrase "social butterfly" is translated to "social fjäril", and while this is correct, for me it sounds weird. Do we really use this expression in Sweden? Jag använder aldrig detta uttryck, men vill erkänna att jag inte kan samtliga slanguttryck i alla delar av landet.

Anyone got a tip how to translate "social butterfly" to Swedish? I've thought of "socitetslejon" but that symbolises a complete different person, right?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Agneta Pallinder
Agneta Pallinder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:08
Member (2014)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Make this a KudoZ query Mar 4, 2016

I think you would get more responses if you made this into a KudoZ query.

Charnette Bank
Charnette Bank  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 23:38
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 4, 2016

Thank you, I followed your advice. Not too used to asking questions here...

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Social butterfly

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »