Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Would you work with an agency you can't find in the Blue Board?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes, but... May 23, 2019

Blue Board is a useful tool. However, I’ve seen agencies listed on Blue Boar with 5 star marking who offered me 0.03 EUR/word (declined).

As a rule, I do check Blue Board, but there is more; communication style, the fact that the agency askes to sign NDA prior to sharing any kind of text that could be confidential, the questions the PM asks before offering a project, the way they write (style, register, attitude, content), the reasonableness of the deadline, overall approach, etc
... See more
Blue Board is a useful tool. However, I’ve seen agencies listed on Blue Boar with 5 star marking who offered me 0.03 EUR/word (declined).

As a rule, I do check Blue Board, but there is more; communication style, the fact that the agency askes to sign NDA prior to sharing any kind of text that could be confidential, the questions the PM asks before offering a project, the way they write (style, register, attitude, content), the reasonableness of the deadline, overall approach, etc.

If I am not convinced, I politely ask for prepayment. Usually, my proposal is ignored. I can only recall one occasion when the PM agreed to prepay the project and it turned out to be an excellent collaboration. Of course, next project was based on my standard payment terms (30 days invoice).

On the other hand, it also depends on the size of the project. If I have a good feeling, I could “risk” working on a 3000 word project (one day work), but would be reluctant to start a 30,000 word one.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Would you work with an agency you can't find in the Blue Board?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »