Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How many messages do you usually keep in your inbox?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:02
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
5815 at the moment Mar 13, 2018

I use Thunderbird, which for me works way better than Outlook. Just checked my Inbox properties and there are 5815 emails in it. With Thunderbird's virtually instant search and sorting capabilities, there's no reason for me to put them anywhere else.

Edit: I don't use my main business email account for anything but clients, so there's no spam. I have another gmail account used for non-client emails, which has over 10,000 emails in it. But Gmail does a great job of eliminating spam,
... See more
I use Thunderbird, which for me works way better than Outlook. Just checked my Inbox properties and there are 5815 emails in it. With Thunderbird's virtually instant search and sorting capabilities, there's no reason for me to put them anywhere else.

Edit: I don't use my main business email account for anything but clients, so there's no spam. I have another gmail account used for non-client emails, which has over 10,000 emails in it. But Gmail does a great job of eliminating spam, which I never see.

[Edited at 2018-03-13 14:51 GMT]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:02
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
About two months Mar 13, 2018

I send old mail once every month to a different folder like "2018 old", so at the moment I have still the messages since the first of February in my Inbox. 246 conversations, as Thunderbird counts.

EvaVer (X)
EvaVer (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:02
Czech to French
+ ...
Are we really talking about inbox? Mar 13, 2018

How can anyone have 1000 messages in their inbox? I keep messages there until they are dealt with and then delete them. If I may need one later, this is what the "archive" folders in Live Mail are for. I consider a situation with more than 10 as a crisis.

Georgie Scott
Georgie Scott  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:02
French to English
+ ...
1 or 2 Mar 13, 2018

The only emails in my inbox (for my work address) are those that I'm waiting for someone to get back to me about. The rest are in folders (one per active agency/major client plus various others related to qualifications, conferences, web hosting, etc.).

Wellington Lima
Wellington Lima
Brazil
Local time: 05:02
English to Portuguese
Other Mar 15, 2018

There is no fixed number, if I don't need anymore, I delete. If I don't need anymore and I won't need in the future, I delete the message.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:02
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
0 to 10 Mar 18, 2018

My inboxes are very organized. I only keep items with something pending: ongoing jobs, issues to be resolved, replies that require some action or document first...
All others are taken care of immediately and moved to the respective folders only for archiving purposes.
I cannot understand how someone can live with hundreds of e-mails in their inboxes, really. I wouldn's be able to sleep at night. Why keep a message in your inbox if you don't have to reply it or do anything about it?
... See more
My inboxes are very organized. I only keep items with something pending: ongoing jobs, issues to be resolved, replies that require some action or document first...
All others are taken care of immediately and moved to the respective folders only for archiving purposes.
I cannot understand how someone can live with hundreds of e-mails in their inboxes, really. I wouldn's be able to sleep at night. Why keep a message in your inbox if you don't have to reply it or do anything about it? An ornament?

[Edited at 2018-03-18 05:49 GMT]
Collapse

Neeraj Jain
Neeraj Jain
English to Hindi
+ ...
All active jobs in Inbox Mar 18, 2018

I keep all my active jobs in Inbox.
All the rest go to various subfolders... This helps easy management.

Mariana Passos
Mariana Passos  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 09:02
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Lessa than 10 unread... Mar 20, 2018

I usually keep all client related messages. They are labelled so it's easier to find them in the middle of all of them.
So I do have loads of messages in my inbox, but I know that the only ones I haven't read/dealt with are the unread ones.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How many messages do you usually keep in your inbox?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »