Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: What would you be doing right now, if not working?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 00:05
Dutch to English
+ ...
Snowed in Mar 2, 2018

I'm getting snowed in for the entire weekend, so I'll do a few small translation jobs, a bit of housework, some writing and some reading - an R&R weekend.

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 02:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Playing with my grandchildren Mar 2, 2018

I'm on vacation with my family, 2000 miles from home, but there's this deadline...

--Jane

Gitte Hoveds (X)
Gitte Hoveds (X)
Denmark
Local time: 08:05
Danish to English
+ ...
Visiting Proz is hardly work, is it? Mar 3, 2018

Well, not to me, it isn't.

So, I'm not working right now, I'm having a morning read-through of random websites after I've been out in the freezing morning to feed the birds...

However, if the question refers to what I would be doing if work did not take up my working hours... I'd be writing fiction...

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:05
French to English
Define "work" Mar 3, 2018

Marketing
Studying
Cleaning
Reading
Exercising
Cooking/eating
Invoicing
Resting
Other

Since when has marketing and cleaning and invoicing not been work? It's not fun and games, I'd never do any if I could slide out of them easily!

If I'm answering Proz polls, I'm not working am I? Why is "doodling about aimlessly on Internet" not an option? Seems to be what most people do nowadays instead of working!

Wellington Lima
Wellington Lima
Brazil
Local time: 03:05
English to Portuguese
Other Mar 9, 2018

I would be enjoying my hobbies, reading, resting, studying, etc. There are many things to do.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What would you be doing right now, if not working?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »