Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you think people who work at home tend to pay less attention to personal hygiene than others?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes Oct 18, 2017

Noura Tawil wrote:

... insulting?
I do!

I find the question collectively insulting. It doesn't offend me personally but the poll question stinks!

I'm looking forward, with certain glee, to the day when social media will have disappeared from human interactions. We just need advertisers to grow a brain and stop pouring money into losing enterprises.

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hygiene is a matter of... Oct 18, 2017

Thayenga wrote:

IMO this depends entirely on the individual. Hygiene is a matter of attitude, not one depending on one's work place.

The more interesting question might be, who came up with that question? And... what does it say about him/her?

...habit, in my view. Sadly, this kind of poll feeds into the titillating and gossipy nature of human beings who have nothing better to do with their brains.

Some people wash their hair every day; others do it once a week. Who am I to judge who has better habits of personal hygiene? Isn't that supposed to be in the realm of personal questions?

Egmont Schröder
Egmont Schröder  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:41
Member (2013)
Chinese to German
+ ...
Insulting in two ways:) Oct 19, 2017

Either you are taking too less attention to personal hygiene and are the stinky weirdo who is sitting at home all day long, or you are taking too much attention due to the lack of social interaction and are the fanatically clean weirdo who is sitting at home all day long.

I personally like to take a hot shower when I have a lack of motivation, it helps me to get fresh started (because I can, I am working at home). And if not, I take the regular shower once a day. Does this answer th
... See more
Either you are taking too less attention to personal hygiene and are the stinky weirdo who is sitting at home all day long, or you are taking too much attention due to the lack of social interaction and are the fanatically clean weirdo who is sitting at home all day long.

I personally like to take a hot shower when I have a lack of motivation, it helps me to get fresh started (because I can, I am working at home). And if not, I take the regular shower once a day. Does this answer the question?
Collapse

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:41
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Huh? Oct 19, 2017

Poll questions are quite surprising sometimes.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you think people who work at home tend to pay less attention to personal hygiene than others?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »