Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How much of your work comes from your three main clients?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Agencies vs the rest Sep 22, 2017

Sophie Dzhygir wrote:

But they can drop you anytime. Or decide to cut your rate by half. Except if you have a contract with them with a guaranteed amount of work at a guaranteed rate over the next 10, 20, 30 years?

That might be what agencies do, but not direct customers. They pay what you bill them without questioning. I'm convinced that one of my mine has no idea how I calculate my prices. They just pay what I tell them to. Which is as it should be.

Things do change from time to time, true, but with the right customers you can see it coming. It's also good to be in a position where they depend on you more than you depend on them!

[Edited at 2017-09-22 07:40 GMT]

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:01
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It varies Sep 22, 2017

It varies quite a bit from one year to the other.
This year, so far, 57%.

Sophie Dzhygir wrote:
Really impressed at the number of colleagues being so dependent on such a small number of clients!

Same here, Sophie. This is quite risky and non-advisable, IMO. If one single client dropping you or lowering your rates would represent such a significant loss, I'm sorry, but that's not wise at all.

[Edited at 2017-09-22 19:17 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How much of your work comes from your three main clients?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »