Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: When proofreading your own work, how many corrections do you usually find per page?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:35
French to English
+ ...
Interesting replies! Sep 14, 2017

I did use the word "corrections", and perhaps it might have been better to have written "alterations" or "amendments". There! I have even suggested a correction for my own question. I do not mind confessing that I tend to make quite a lot of corrections when proofreading, and I think I'm in good com... See more
I did use the word "corrections", and perhaps it might have been better to have written "alterations" or "amendments". There! I have even suggested a correction for my own question. I do not mind confessing that I tend to make quite a lot of corrections when proofreading, and I think I'm in good company: https://biblioklept.org/2014/01/22/manuscript-page-of-eliots-the-waste-land-with-notes-by-ezra-pound/ https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Manuscipt.jpg

By the time I have finished translating a file, especially if it is a long one of any complexity, I have usually engaged with it sufficiently to have changed my mind about some things. This is besides any actual errors of punctuation etc. or dictation software. I might also see better ways of phrasing things. I try to re-read my own work as though it had been written by another person, but one who will not be offended by my corrections.

[Edited at 2017-09-14 10:06 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When proofreading your own work, how many corrections do you usually find per page?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »