Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How do you normally respond to ProZ.com polls?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
Local time: 23:53
English to German
Sleepily Sep 2, 2017

If I answer a poll, I do so over the first coffee of my day, and I'm often surprised at what chaotic jumble drips out from my mind.

"The main thing is that the early bird doesn't drink my coffee!"

[Edited at 2017-09-02 17:59 GMT]

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:53
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I... eh... Sep 2, 2017

I really don't know how to answer this poll.

Christiane Allen
Christiane Allen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:53
English to French
Other... Sep 2, 2017

These polls have absolutely no statistical value; however, the comments are always of great value. I learn a lot from them!

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:53
English to Spanish
+ ...
Normally? Respond? Sep 2, 2017

I agree with some of the comments, especially the reading of comments, some of which could take a few pages or a chapter when someone feels very strongly about his/her topic.

Proz polls: truly they have no statistical value or professional benefit other than a thought-provoking statement in a comment (not the question itself) or a chuckle caused by reading some comeback.

I've also enjoyed the polite and wise answers to some sarcastic and holier-than-thou statements I've
... See more
I agree with some of the comments, especially the reading of comments, some of which could take a few pages or a chapter when someone feels very strongly about his/her topic.

Proz polls: truly they have no statistical value or professional benefit other than a thought-provoking statement in a comment (not the question itself) or a chuckle caused by reading some comeback.

I've also enjoyed the polite and wise answers to some sarcastic and holier-than-thou statements I've seen.

I guess these polls are sometimes like car or people watching, a way to idle minutes away between tasks.
Collapse

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:53
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Other Sep 3, 2017

Literally "Other": I normally answer "other" (as to this very poll), usually because the polls are so badly formulated that "other" is the only possible answer.

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:53
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Truthfully or not at all and ... Sep 3, 2017

... humourously, I hope.
Bearing in mind that, apparently, what we write on line remains visible somewhere until the end of time, I occasionally judge it wiser not to reply at all.

[Edited at 2017-09-03 12:22 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you normally respond to ProZ.com polls?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »