Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How many payment methods do you provide for clients?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Luiz Barucke
Luiz Barucke  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:07
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Currently 3 Apr 26, 2017

Payoneer (easier and cheaper), Skrill (cheaper than PayPal) and PayPal (most used, but more expensive for me).

I used to allow wire transfers, but my bank red tape is so annoying that I stopped to accept this method.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
two: cash and non-cash Apr 26, 2017

Working with reliable direct clients opens up so many possibilities--rates, terms, methods, services, privileges, even direct or indirect barter, but it all boils down to cash and non-cash.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Three, but one with a triple choice Apr 26, 2017

I offer three methods:
1. PayPal
2. Payoneer (which actually allows three choices of banks/currencies and payment with most credit cards)
3. Bank transfer (Mainly for Brazilian clients. For clients abroad, I avoid it as much as possible)

And I wonder why some people mentioned "cash" as one of the methods. I mean, do you have clients that go to your house to pay you in cash, or do you go to their office to receive in cash? Pretty uncommon in our profession, I think.
... See more
I offer three methods:
1. PayPal
2. Payoneer (which actually allows three choices of banks/currencies and payment with most credit cards)
3. Bank transfer (Mainly for Brazilian clients. For clients abroad, I avoid it as much as possible)

And I wonder why some people mentioned "cash" as one of the methods. I mean, do you have clients that go to your house to pay you in cash, or do you go to their office to receive in cash? Pretty uncommon in our profession, I think.

[Edited at 2017-04-26 16:43 GMT]
Collapse

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:07
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Three Apr 26, 2017

Currently, I accept or ask for mostly PayPal or wire transfer. I have one or two local clients who send me cheques, but I don't work for them that often. I mostly get paid via bank or PayPal.

Ventnai
Ventnai  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:07
German to English
+ ...
Bank transfer Apr 26, 2017

I received cheques from one agency years ago. I have been paid by PayPal once or twice, but I am virtually always paid by bank transfer.

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Seven Apr 26, 2017

1. Cash (immediate, of course)
2. Internal domestic bank transfer (clients using the same bank I do - immediate, 24/7)
3. External domestic bank transfer (clients using other banks in Brazil - 1 business day)
4. PayPal (2-5 business days, or more if eCheck is used)
5. International wire transfer (0-5 business days, usually 0-2)
6. Moneygram - overnight
7. Western Union - overnight

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:07
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Not uncommon at all... Apr 27, 2017

Mario Freitas wrote:

[Edited at 2017-04-26 16:43 GMT]

when you work as a sworn translator: most customers pay by cash. At least, they used to when I was a sworn translator until last year in Belgium, people came to my house to pick the translations (driving license, birth certificate, marriage certificate, marriage contract...).

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How many payment methods do you provide for clients?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »