Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever encountered the name of someone you know personally in a source text?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:56
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes and no Mar 19, 2017

Many times I did, in engineering projects, but I was working in-house for the project, so I shouldn't count that.

Never did in a ocument received from an agency or client as a freelancer, as far as I remember. But it may have happened and I don't remember. For a very simple reason: it's not important.

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:56
Catalan to English
+ ...
Yes Mar 19, 2017

I once took on a job outside my usual subject areas, more as a favour than anything else.

Turned out to be a potted biography of someone I not only went to school with but who was also one of my best friends. Someone whose house I'd go to every lunchtime (near Penny Lane) because that's where I kept a second guitar and where I tried in vain for two years to teach him how to play the bass line to Roadhouse Blues like Lonnie Mack.

I failed.

Lost touch with hi
... See more
I once took on a job outside my usual subject areas, more as a favour than anything else.

Turned out to be a potted biography of someone I not only went to school with but who was also one of my best friends. Someone whose house I'd go to every lunchtime (near Penny Lane) because that's where I kept a second guitar and where I tried in vain for two years to teach him how to play the bass line to Roadhouse Blues like Lonnie Mack.

I failed.

Lost touch with him at 18 because he stayed in Liverpool and I went to Man. Univ.

Discovered he's the writer and producer (plus the odd cameo) of some of the biggest Hollywood horror films made over the past 20 years or so and lives in/near LA. and from what I glean on Internet is still playing in a band.

Just hope it's not on bass...
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever encountered the name of someone you know personally in a source text?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »