Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How do you deal with work-related stress?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:34
English to Italian
combination of some Mar 16, 2017

music
reading
sleeping
walking

Bruno Veilleux
Bruno Veilleux  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:34
English to French
Work Mar 16, 2017

Odd answer? The only times I'm "stressed" are when I'm worried I might not meet a deadline, so the obvious solution is to work more/faster and warn my PM.

Ivan Czar
Ivan Czar  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sport Mar 16, 2017

Depending on how much I hate people due to stress:
Swimming, running, squash or football...

Ventnai
Ventnai  Identity Verified
Spain
German to English
+ ...
Chocolate Mar 16, 2017

Chocolate, where is chocolate?

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Other Mar 16, 2017

M***********

Or is it just me?

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
Oops Mar 16, 2017

took me a while to realize it wasn't "machinations". Although becoming a supervillain might be a good solution, too!

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Probably not Mar 16, 2017

Chris S wrote:

M***********

Or is it just me?

When I read in one of the answers above that someone used a "chi machine," I immediately started wondering if that was a different name for the Hitachi Magic Wand.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:34
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Here we go! Mar 16, 2017

Bruno Veilleux wrote:
Odd answer? The only times I'm "stressed" are when I'm worried I might not meet a deadline, so the obvious solution is to work more/faster and warn my PM.

Totally agreed. I only become stressed with work when there is some issue with it or too much of it. So none of the solutions proposed is a solution, unless you get to work and finish the job. For other types of stress, there are many applicable solutions in the list, but certainly not for work-related stress, at least until you're done with it.

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
English to German
Not just too much work Mar 16, 2017

I feel stressed when a customer butchers my work or tries to make me do workflow steps that are explicitly excluded in my T&Cs. That's emotional stress, not excess work, and it requires emotional coping strategies to get a level head before addressing the situation.

12316323 (X)
12316323 (X)
Local time: 11:34
ASMR Mar 16, 2017

Yes to many of these... dancing, reading, exercise, getting outside. I don't have any pets, but I think they would also help relax me.

Also, anyone else ever watch or listen to ASMR videos on Youtube to relax? I like to listen to videos at the lowest audible volume possible. Here's a good introduction if you're not familiar with the co
... See more
Yes to many of these... dancing, reading, exercise, getting outside. I don't have any pets, but I think they would also help relax me.

Also, anyone else ever watch or listen to ASMR videos on Youtube to relax? I like to listen to videos at the lowest audible volume possible. Here's a good introduction if you're not familiar with the concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb27NHO_ubg
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you deal with work-related stress?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »