Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Your translation experience has best prepared you for which role in the zombie apocalypse?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Alexander Kondorsky
Alexander Kondorsky  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:15
English to Russian
+ ...
I replied "zombie" Feb 26, 2017

but after I read other replies it dawned on me that if a zombie eats my brain it will die immediately being overflooded with words. Therefore, I'm a zombie poison!

Fumiko & Alberto Zaccagnini
Fumiko & Alberto Zaccagnini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:15
English to Japanese
+ ...
Not even fun Feb 26, 2017

As Mr Mario Gonzalez wrote:

"Not even fun".
-----
We add:
Please, ProZ staff, prevent the post of polls this stupid, and of such a bad taste?
*Such* polls are a great waste of time.
As Mr Michael Harris wrote:

These are really getting worse!!!
We are a serious profession and I am for a bit of fun, but this is really getting to be really really stupid lately!!!

[Edited at 2017-02-26 17:31 GMT]

Cristina Gonzalez
Cristina Gonzalez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
What???? Feb 26, 2017

I haven't seen a single zombie movie, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry, does not apply in my case.

Ilan Rubin (X)
Ilan Rubin (X)  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:15
Russian to English
Bring it on! Feb 26, 2017

I was in investment banking for 14 years. The zombie apocalypse will be a walk in the park compared with that.

[Edited at 2017-02-26 18:17 GMT]

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano
Harry Blake Paz Bonzano  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2014)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Very funny poll Feb 26, 2017

I am currently reading Max Brook's The Zombie Survival Guide just for fun, and it is fun and also very interesting.

For those saying this is a waste of time, why wasting even more of your time replying it?

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
For sharing our opinion Feb 26, 2017

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano

For those saying this is a waste of time, why wasting even more of your time replying it?

Our opinion about stupid polls

Annamaria Amik
Annamaria Amik  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:15
Romanian to English
+ ...
Never seen (and never will see) a zombie movie, but Feb 27, 2017

Considering that I only know what this question means because I happened to translate zombie movie synopses for a media client, it's safe to assume I would be a scientist in this scenario - someone who works for a solution behind the scenes with her mind/brain only, but without any actual contact with the "real" world.

While I do strongly dislike (I actually really hate) this line of fantasy, I think the question is funny, and probably others would find it smart, too, if those movie
... See more
Considering that I only know what this question means because I happened to translate zombie movie synopses for a media client, it's safe to assume I would be a scientist in this scenario - someone who works for a solution behind the scenes with her mind/brain only, but without any actual contact with the "real" world.

While I do strongly dislike (I actually really hate) this line of fantasy, I think the question is funny, and probably others would find it smart, too, if those movies themselves weren't so incredibly idiotic. If the question were phrased like this: "which role in a dystopia?", the colleagues wouldn't find it so repulsive.
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Other Feb 27, 2017

I'm no longer 15 years old.

Philippe

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
Are you the poster? Feb 27, 2017

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano wrote:

I am currently reading Max Brook's The Zombie Survival Guide just for fun, and it is fun and also very interesting.

As you seem to be the only one who finds this funny...And I have a pretty black humour

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:15
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
My defense of the quick polls has just been destroyed Feb 27, 2017

In the last post, I criticized someone who said "I'm no longer 8 years old", then this poll comes out immediately after that! It makes it really hard to defend the Quick Polls, you know? I mean asking such a question in a translators poll... In general, fans of zombie movies and translators are not in the same boat. The intellectual levels are quite different.

[Edited at 2017-02-27 16:36 GMT]

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Despite "everyone" finding this poll ridiculous... Feb 27, 2017

23 have responded, while today's poll about rates, has been much less successful.

I too kind of like the odd "fantasy poll" on the weekend - often they give more food for thought, than say, a survey question about CAT tools

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano
Harry Blake Paz Bonzano  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2014)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Are you a troll? Feb 27, 2017

Michael Harris wrote:

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano wrote:

As you seem to be the only one who finds this funny...And I have a pretty black humour

I am not the poster, just to reassure you. And you assuming I am the only one finding this funny means you did not read all answers.

Peter Shortall
Peter Shortall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Romanian to English
+ ...
When will it happen? Feb 27, 2017

Just so as I can prepare myself. 2020? And how would translating help us to prepare for it?

[Edited at 2017-02-27 21:30 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Your translation experience has best prepared you for which role in the zombie apocalypse?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »