Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Which of the following do you think is the most important in producing a good translation?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 13:05
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
a mix of all...+ the human factor Feb 17, 2017

I could not choose just one...

José Henrique Lamensdorf wrote:

This is what led me to the concept I had a few years ago, that a bilingual person is someone capable of expressing his/her own ideas in two different languages; while a translator is someone skilled in expressing someone else's ideas in a language different from the one in which they were originally issue.

Dear Mr Lamensdorf, I suggest you/ProZ.com to collect your forum posts in the form of long article/book. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:05
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Again... Feb 18, 2017

I really give up making comments in this kind of poll, whose result is known before the question is posted. Yes, I already made a comment, duh!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Which of the following do you think is the most important in producing a good translation?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »