Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever had a work-related nightmare? (please share!)
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:12
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A funny nightmare, that ended with me hitting my husband! Feb 9, 2017

I had a broken hand with a plaster cast (this was real, not in my dream).
In my dream I was translating using a CAT tool, everything was going fine, when suddenly the translation segments started to run away, they were escaping from me, and I was terrifiyed! I wanted to stop them! thus I extended my arm to do that, and to catch the translation segments, with a loud STOP!
In fact, what happened was that I hit my husband with the cast quite hard! And he never understood why I was terr
... See more
I had a broken hand with a plaster cast (this was real, not in my dream).
In my dream I was translating using a CAT tool, everything was going fine, when suddenly the translation segments started to run away, they were escaping from me, and I was terrifiyed! I wanted to stop them! thus I extended my arm to do that, and to catch the translation segments, with a loud STOP!
In fact, what happened was that I hit my husband with the cast quite hard! And he never understood why I was terrifyed ("a running away translation segment?", he asked me).

[Edited at 2017-02-09 22:51 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-02-09 22:52 GMT]
Collapse

M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:12
English to Polish
Other Feb 9, 2017

Work-related dreams, yes. A few times. Nightmares? No.

Luiz Barucke
Luiz Barucke  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:12
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
It happens Feb 10, 2017

Sometimes, I dream of working - with all details. If you think sleeping as a time to rest, then you can call it a nightmare.

But well, it happens. I'd be worried if I started to dream while working.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:12
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It happens, indeed Feb 10, 2017

It has happened to me many times. All it takes is to work too much for too long with too little breaks in a day. You'll keep seeing the same scene in your dreams over and over all night long. The quality of your sleep that ninght will be lousy. And next day, you're back to your routine. It surely shows us clearly we should not do that, and it's a big step towards stress.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever had a work-related nightmare? (please share!)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »