Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you usually make a favorable first impression on people you meet?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:32
Member (2006)
German to English
Ohh Jan 6, 2017

Chris S wrote:

Ricki Farn wrote:

In the front or in the back?

Well I certainly make an impression at full moon

But hopefully no sheep around☺

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
definitely not Jan 6, 2017

I am fat and ugly. And harsh. Sometimes (:) I talk too much.
One of my colleagues told me that I have a highly divisive personality.
Sometimes when the clients have non-realistic requests I give them a clock and a mirror.
Some people truly hate me just because I am very straight in conversation.
And some people love me because they are capable to ignore the cover and they know what is inside. I am categorical and determinate but love my job and my (sometimes crazy) client
... See more
I am fat and ugly. And harsh. Sometimes (:) I talk too much.
One of my colleagues told me that I have a highly divisive personality.
Sometimes when the clients have non-realistic requests I give them a clock and a mirror.
Some people truly hate me just because I am very straight in conversation.
And some people love me because they are capable to ignore the cover and they know what is inside. I am categorical and determinate but love my job and my (sometimes crazy) clients very, very much.

Today a customer was here almost of my age and asked to bill the traslation to a job centre in foreign country. I told her openly, do not ashame yourself, you cannot be so scrimpy, you want that the taxpayers of *** sponsore the translation which you need for your study? You are not handicapped, you live in *** less than a year, what you did for them, put on THEIR table?
I felt she hated me for telling the truth.
I showed her a 5-minute video about Nick Vujicic, my exemplar and gave her a tissue...
I offered her a discount under condition that she will cover her own expenses and told her that she needs to show and prove her abilities in that country, ask for help if needed but until she is capable to work, there is no place to misuse the system.
She ordered the translation but I am still not sure maybe it would be better to close my mouth which I am sometimes not able to do.

Sometimes I want to be more disciplined, more silent, more whoknowswhat. I only know that God loves me even if I am a frog. At least, I try to be better but my children are better than me.
---
I asked my daughter. She told me the best thing in me is that "Mum can solve any problem. Any." (really ?

[Edited at 2017-01-06 22:12 GMT]
Collapse

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:32
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Good point Jan 7, 2017

Ikram Mahyuddin wrote:

I never ask them. By the way, does this poll have something to do with translation?

The answer: In no way whatsoever. This is what you have to expect when polls by our favorite pollster Anonymous are 'selected.'

Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
no idea Jan 7, 2017

For sure I make a favorable first impression on some people I meet, and for sure I do not make a favorable first impression on some people I meet...
And at the end of the day, who cares

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you usually make a favorable first impression on people you meet?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »