Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you determined a certain day of the week on which you don't accept any work?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:59
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
No Jul 14, 2016

Flexibility is the key.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:59
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Not yet Jul 14, 2016

For the moment being, I still have a few days off every month, because I have no jobs on those days, and they are ususally not on the weekends. Curiously enough, Saturdays and Sundays and two of my busiest days, while Tuesdays and Wednesdays are usually they days-off (not voluntarily, of course). But I expect to achieve an ideal protfolio where I can suppress two things: (1) all jobs and clients even 1 cent below my standard rate - (2) at least one fixed day-off a week, preferably Saturday, mayb... See more
For the moment being, I still have a few days off every month, because I have no jobs on those days, and they are ususally not on the weekends. Curiously enough, Saturdays and Sundays and two of my busiest days, while Tuesdays and Wednesdays are usually they days-off (not voluntarily, of course). But I expect to achieve an ideal protfolio where I can suppress two things: (1) all jobs and clients even 1 cent below my standard rate - (2) at least one fixed day-off a week, preferably Saturday, maybe Sunday. I'm still not able to do that, but I will soon.Collapse

texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:59
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Yes and No Jul 14, 2016

I do accept work every day of the week but this doesn't necessarily mean that I work every day of the week.

Weekends are for my family but there are exceptions from time to time.

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
What I learned Jul 14, 2016

When I was in my early 20s and going to the university, I hated the inconvenience of doing a split commercial workweek (8-12, 3-7, Monday through Friday, and 9-1 on Saturdays).

Then I became a freelancer translator in New York City and started working on weekends!

Gasp!

biblio 1

Platon Danilov
Platon Danilov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 16:59
English to Russian
+ ...
No Jul 15, 2016

- as soon as jobs don't come to me one after another as an endless flow. I am free until a new job comes. I may decline a job because of a deadline, rate, subject matter, or whatever reason, but it's never because of a fixed day off. I am flexible about freelancing, with a notion of "free", as Julian has made a good point.

Doan Quang
Doan Quang  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 20:59
English to Vietnamese
Others Jul 15, 2016

I may accept jobs on the weekends only with flexible deadline!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you determined a certain day of the week on which you don't accept any work?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »