https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/301822-poll_in_your_experience_which_is_the_least_busy_day_of_the_week_excluding_the_weekend-page2.html&phpv_redirected=1

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: In your experience, which is the least busy day of the week, excluding the weekend?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:33
Member (2006)
German to English
Objective view May 10, 2016

ILAN RUBIN wrote:

Michael Harris wrote:

I find it a bit of a shame that the ProZ staff are not listening to us about the anonymous polls....

A lot of the polls are thoughtless and irrelevant to our work but who cares whether or not the person posting them is anonymous? What difference does that make?

As for this poll, it's a perfectly good question. I wondered this myself because for me Monday is hands down the least busy day. Now thanks to this poll I see that it's most peoples' experience too.

Because maybe many of us "normal" translators have posted polls and are not considered, and who knows if these "anonymous" people are even paying members?

DianeGM
DianeGM  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:33
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I assume ... May 10, 2016

the question is asking about new jobs coming in ... not workload in general.
So, for new jobs coming in usually Monday is quietest for me, unless, of course, Friday was quiet.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
The plot thickens May 10, 2016

Michael Harris wrote:

Because maybe many of us "normal" translators have posted polls and are not considered, and who knows if these "anonymous" people are even paying members?

As a non-paying member, I don't even get to submit polls.

I suspect the CIA are involved in it somewhere. I've read my Ludlum, they can't fool me.

SteveMcD
SteveMcD  Identity Verified
German to English
Friday May 10, 2016

That's by design, actually. I don't schedule classes on Fridays ( I teach as well as translate) and I take a little time to tie up any loose ends from the previous week and plan out the coming week.
Other than that, my biggest concern on Friday is what I'm going to put on the grill on Saturday and Sunday

John Cutler
John Cutler  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
That's the way I see it too May 10, 2016

EvaVer wrote:
The least busy is Monday, by the same logic - people come in after the week-end, they need time to set in, tell their coleagues about their week-end, drink their coffeee - and even if they start working, they are unlikely to finish any documents sooner than Monday afternoon.

My experience exactly. On Monday mornings, people are organizing themselves and finishing up things that were left over from the past week. They don't actually "produce" anything until about Monday afternoon, so Monday morning I'm the least busy.

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Patterns of busyness May 10, 2016

Andrea Garfield-Barkworth wrote:

Have never really noticed a pattern.

Same here. Just when I think I've spotted a pattern (slow Mondays, busy Thursdays), the new week throws a monkey wrench in the works.

In my experience, questions like this are formulated by extroverted people anxious to have some chitchat topic to add to their day.

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hump day May 10, 2016

I find Wednesdays to be about the least busy. Mondays and Fridays seem to be the most busy for me.

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Friday May 11, 2016

is always ctrazy day. Everybody needs everything for Monday morning on the desk

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:33
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Doesn't exist May 11, 2016

For freelancers, this question makes no sense.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: In your experience, which is the least busy day of the week, excluding the weekend?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »