Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever lost a client because they retired or went out of business?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:12
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
At least four times May 10, 2016

Actually, this was my question (surprised to see it pop up so soon). It occurred to me because I lost my two best clients to retirement in a space of 12 months. Then when I thought about it, I realized there were at least two more. Three of the four were professionals in international organizations not affiliated with translation or editorial services.

It has been a good reminder that it's important to keep building one's roster.

Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:12
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes, and a good one recently May 11, 2016

I have lost several clients that closed their doors in 30 years. A good one a few years ago, because they launched an on-line glossary, and it seems they did a lot better with that than with the translations. And another excellent client was recently purchased by a larger agency. This large agency simply ignored the database of talents of the previous agency. They just purchased the clients, which I think was a very stupid move, but well...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever lost a client because they retired or went out of business?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search