Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: How do you like to relax after a hard day's work? By...
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
May 1, 2016

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How do you like to relax after a hard day's work? By...".

View the poll results »

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:20
Member (2006)
German to English
Other May 1, 2016

only because you are anonymous - It there was a name behind it, then maybe an answer!

Why on earth do you ProZ back office people even let such anonymous polls through? I would expect that there are so many paying Prozians posting a poll that are much more important than these dubious anonymous polls?

[Edited at 2016-05-01 21:59 GMT]

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 20:20
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Other May 1, 2016

I hit the bottle - hard - because life as a tech translator in the fast line is tough.

And, why wasn't "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll" in the list. Just sayin' ...

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other May 1, 2016

I usually end up watching TV or playing guitar. However, I'd jump at the chance of a massage. In fact, someone recently gave me one of those group-buy discount vouchers for a massage - problem is I'd need to make an appointment and then keep it, never an easy task given the more important things I have to do every day, and I'd have to drive for about 40 mins just to get there...

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:20
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Other May 1, 2016

Nothing beats sinking into a hot bubble bath, but it depends on my mood (and how hard and long the day was…). Sometimes, I just read a newspaper or a magazine, others I watch TV or listen to music…

C. Mouton
C. Mouton  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to French
I knit! May 1, 2016

Knitting is my universal cure against stress, tiredness...

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 20:20
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Niiice May 1, 2016

Teresa Borges wrote:

Nothing beats sinking into a hot bubble bath…

Ultimate stress relief
I've had a nice long (over an hour or so) soak in the bath (no soap is allowed in Japanese baths) and polished off a bottle of champers while listening to a couple of favourite CDs before. Very nice!

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:20
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sleep May 1, 2016

By the time I'm finished, it's usually too late to do anything but go to bed. I never seem to get enough zzzs.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Other May 1, 2016

Not anonymously...like the poll.

Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
reading, gym, bike May 1, 2016

It depends on the day of the week and on the weather obviously, but this is what happens most often:
Mon-Wed-Fri: after work I cook for my kids and then I relax with a good book- if I finish before 6 pm, I also ride my MTB for 90 mins (before the cooking part)
Tue-Thu: after work I drive my boy to karate lesson, and while he's there, I stay at the gym and I take some exercise
Saturdays: books/going out with the family and/or friends
From May to October I use my MTB more
... See more
It depends on the day of the week and on the weather obviously, but this is what happens most often:
Mon-Wed-Fri: after work I cook for my kids and then I relax with a good book- if I finish before 6 pm, I also ride my MTB for 90 mins (before the cooking part)
Tue-Thu: after work I drive my boy to karate lesson, and while he's there, I stay at the gym and I take some exercise
Saturdays: books/going out with the family and/or friends
From May to October I use my MTB more often during the week.
Watching Tv does not relax me at all, it actually irritates me!
Collapse

Hussein Dayow Idow
Hussein Dayow Idow  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:20
Somali to English
+ ...
Somali To English translator May 1, 2016

After stereneious task I join the noisy Somali Local Parliament at hotels or restaurants to analyse the current issues. Or I find a place to resr

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Right! May 1, 2016

Julian Holmes wrote:

I hit the bottle - hard - because life as a tech translator in the fast line is tough.

And, why wasn't "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll" in the list. Just sayin' ...

Apparently we humans are too prude and proper to go with the SD&RNR.

And why didn't they include “Go to the bathroom to read a book”? It's a fair way to relax (for men).

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
And a drink to go May 1, 2016

Hussein Dayow Idow wrote:

After stereneious task I join the noisy Somali Local Parliament at hotels or restaurants to analyse the current issues. Or I find a place to resr

Don't forget a strong cup of Somali coffee

Katrin Bosse (X)
Katrin Bosse (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
Other May 1, 2016

I don't own a tv but I love movies and select British and American tv shows (Netflix is your friend!) so that's what I watch to wind down from the stress. Occasionally, I read a book, but mostly, I am too tired.

Being a single working mother of a minor, the option "going out" (whether or not with friends) is not yet readily available to me.

And drinking alcohol in any form or quantity disagrees with me to a degree that I can only enjoy it (which I certainly do!) when t
... See more
I don't own a tv but I love movies and select British and American tv shows (Netflix is your friend!) so that's what I watch to wind down from the stress. Occasionally, I read a book, but mostly, I am too tired.

Being a single working mother of a minor, the option "going out" (whether or not with friends) is not yet readily available to me.

And drinking alcohol in any form or quantity disagrees with me to a degree that I can only enjoy it (which I certainly do!) when there is no work waiting for me the next day because then I will infallibly be nursing a hangover proportionate to my intake the previous day... A shame, really.
Collapse

Ana Florencia Fernandez
Ana Florencia Fernandez
Argentina
Local time: 08:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
It depends on the day... May 1, 2016

I go dancing (lindy hop and/or flamenco), or enjoy watching t.v. or knit or spend time with my loved ones.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you like to relax after a hard day's work? By...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »