Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever interrupted a project because of any reason?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
A bit to be desired Feb 4, 2016

EvaVer wrote:

and from the answers of others, I see I am not alone. Depending on the meaning, my answers are the same as above.

What often gets my goat (i.e. irritates me) is translators who can't write a clear and unambiguous sentence or question.

If a translator can't organize his/her thoughts concisely and express himself/herself clearly, without creating ambiguities, I don't want to work with or collaborate with them, no exceptions.

And Eva offered the only sensible answer to such a clunky question. Same here.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:20
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
I don't think we can assume anything Feb 4, 2016

Mario Chavez wrote:
What often gets my goat (i.e. irritates me) is translators who can't write a clear and unambiguous sentence or question.

If a translator can't organize his/her thoughts concisely and express himself/herself clearly, without creating ambiguities, I don't want to work with or collaborate with them, no exceptions.

Don't forget that ProZ.com staff intervene in these poll questions. Several translators who have submitted polls come on here to say they've hardly recognised them after the editing process.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever interrupted a project because of any reason?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »