Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever worked past midnight on a project?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 21:51
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Less frequently now, but I voted reguarly Oct 3, 2015

I'm a night owl.

If I have a deadline 'early' in the morning - before 11 am - I prefer to have the job done and ready to deliver before I go to bed. I don't have the slightest problems sleeping...

Depending on how late I have worked - which may be either side of midnight, I often check it an extra time before sending it off in the morning.

I work late especially in winter, because then I can go out in the middle of the day and take advantage of the brief ho
... See more
I'm a night owl.

If I have a deadline 'early' in the morning - before 11 am - I prefer to have the job done and ready to deliver before I go to bed. I don't have the slightest problems sleeping...

Depending on how late I have worked - which may be either side of midnight, I often check it an extra time before sending it off in the morning.

I work late especially in winter, because then I can go out in the middle of the day and take advantage of the brief hours of daylight instead of sitting at my computer just when there is real light outside. It makes an enormous difference to my general wellbeing!
Collapse

Zhihua Liu
Zhihua Liu
China
Local time: 03:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
Yes but only for three or four times Oct 4, 2015

It's been three or four years and now I don't do that anymore. After 11pm, I'd rather go to bed and get up early for it.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
In the past Oct 4, 2015

I used to do it infrequently in the past, but am trying now to avoid it. If it's a good client and the job is interesting, then I'd do it again.

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
Frequently Oct 4, 2015

because there is nobody there to distract me. And I take off time otherwise during the daytime - activities for the children, ec,

Franco Rigoni
Franco Rigoni  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
No way! Oct 4, 2015

No way!

It happened to me a few times, but it is really useless, it takes me forever to concentrate and I need to proof read a lot the day after.
I don't normally work after 6 pm

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:51
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Another good point Oct 4, 2015

Christine Andersen wrote:

I'm a night owl.
I work late especially in winter, because then I can go out in the middle of the day and take advantage of the brief hours of daylight instead of sitting at my computer just when there is real light outside. It makes an enormous difference to my general wellbeing!

I want to be outdoors during the day. I live in a beautiful spot and it feels so inhuman to be working inside when I could be outside walking or playing with my dogs.

I remember a woman telling me that when she retired she "discovered the sky." I am greedy for sky. It's a big part of my sense of well-being.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:51
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I've probably never worked before noon! Oct 5, 2015

Are you kidding?
Of course. I work until 3:00 a.m. every day. The later it gets, the better is my productivity, with less noise on the streets, everyone sleeping, etc. (already discussed here several times).

Amanda Wilson
Amanda Wilson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:51
Member (2013)
French to English
+ ...
Nope, but I might start at 4am... Oct 5, 2015

I'm not a nightowl unlike many freelancers so I would much rather switch off from a translation - especially if a term is bothering me say - then get up at stupid o'clock the next day to carry on, I'm much more productive that way. Usually having given my brain a rest, it will come up with the 'perfect' way of translating the problem from the day before too

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever worked past midnight on a project?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »