Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: What do you most enjoy about your work?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Michelle Warmath (X)
Michelle Warmath (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:16
French to English
+ ...
Putting my skills to use to help someone else Sep 4, 2015

It's a service thing - I can use what I know to help meet somebody's needs.

And I love researching terms and subjects and learning new things, too. That's the bonus for me.

FarajSawani
FarajSawani
Libya
LEARNING Sep 4, 2015

I enjoy learning and information spreading

LogoEsta
LogoEsta
Argentina
Local time: 21:16
French to Spanish
+ ...
Playing around and inside of words and authors Sep 5, 2015

Let's think aloud: written translation has much of a game, of playing. You are the author of the final text, after understanding it, analyzing it with care, surgically choosing each and every word to express it in the final language, blending so various aspects within each word, each phrase, each paragraph, each general context. As a translator you play with meanings, shape, esthetics, precision, emotions derived from what you deliver to your readers, ideology, omnipresent politics, recreation. ... See more
Let's think aloud: written translation has much of a game, of playing. You are the author of the final text, after understanding it, analyzing it with care, surgically choosing each and every word to express it in the final language, blending so various aspects within each word, each phrase, each paragraph, each general context. As a translator you play with meanings, shape, esthetics, precision, emotions derived from what you deliver to your readers, ideology, omnipresent politics, recreation. And of course, language and creativity. Personally I enjoy very much such a vast play, including the construction of new versions rivaling and even overcoming, at times, the original writing. Not every writer is better than you. And if she or he were, you can always catch up with her or him, producing your best.Collapse

Ketti Sola
Ketti Sola  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:16
French to Italian
+ ...
To help someone else and never stop learning Sep 5, 2015

ProZ.com Staff wrote:

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What do you most enjoy about your work?".

This poll was originally submitted by Angus Stewart. View the poll results »

I enjoy the search of new words, learning and above all create something new.

metafrasi.pl
metafrasi.pl
Poland
Local time: 02:16
English to Polish
+ ...
Two most precious things to me: freedom and using my talents Sep 8, 2015

1 a) Freedom (of choosing the time, place, and object of my work, and of choosing my clients). (A joy shared with other freelancers.)

1 b) The pleasure of working with a text which I do not have to create ; ) (but I have translated and likely would go on translating even not being paid for it). (A joy unique to translation.)

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What do you most enjoy about your work?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »