Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Has your workload decreased this year in comparison to last year?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Virginia Navascues
Virginia Navascues  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:41
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
increased Jul 27, 2015

Despite my clients' complaints of lack of (public) funds, my work has increased. Maybe because of the publish or perish philosophy in universities.

José J. Martínez
José J. Martínez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
It really has decreased. Jul 28, 2015

I have been reluctant to decrease my offer of USD 0.10 per source word. Have lowered it to 0.08 but that did not work. I set it back to the 0.10.

I do get offers for 0.06 and even less but that does not really entice me to work. From the above I might think that compeinf fees have lowered and that might be the main reason I am not gettin g as much work as before.

The year started very well but since April things changed drastically. Could it be that machine translation
... See more
I have been reluctant to decrease my offer of USD 0.10 per source word. Have lowered it to 0.08 but that did not work. I set it back to the 0.10.

I do get offers for 0.06 and even less but that does not really entice me to work. From the above I might think that compeinf fees have lowered and that might be the main reason I am not gettin g as much work as before.

The year started very well but since April things changed drastically. Could it be that machine translation is more commonplace even if the quality suffers?
Collapse

claude-andrew
claude-andrew  Identity Verified
France
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
No change Jul 28, 2015

Like many of you, I seem to be getting about the same amount of work as usual - as in each of the past four years. Some former agency clients are giving less work, but others are finding me, creating a good equilibrium.

mmenge
mmenge  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:41
English to Portuguese
Increased. Jul 29, 2015

My workload has increased by about 20%.

Daniela Biancucci
Daniela Biancucci
Argentina
Local time: 05:41
English to Spanish
Need to get more projects Jul 30, 2015

I am a full member since December 2014. I translate from English to Spanish. I could not get a job by Proz. I quote every time a job´s offer matches with my service, but I could not get a job. There is always someone else that gets the job. Perhaps there are lower rates .
I will carry on.

Thanks.
Daniela.

PENN TRANSL8 Budd
PENN TRANSL8 Budd
German to English
+ ...
Workload down after two extraordinary years Jul 30, 2015

Work has been down about 5-10% this year, though relatively speaking more back to normal after two incredible years of large projects. Even though the projects are smaller, there are more clients, so more variety and potentially more projects. Also, I have also turned down jobs to have less pressure. But business is still good.

Miguel Ríos
Miguel Ríos
Mexico
Local time: 02:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
So far so good Jul 30, 2015

I just started as a freelance translator, my website was uploaded in March. In May I received my first jobs and since then I haven't had breaks, except for one weekend when actually there was nothing to translate. I'm fully scheduled (actually overworked) 'till mid August, and it is likely that the same client sends more stuff by then.

This week I actually had to assign a 3,000-word scientific article to a colleague because there's just not enough time.

Jackpot, I'd sa
... See more
I just started as a freelance translator, my website was uploaded in March. In May I received my first jobs and since then I haven't had breaks, except for one weekend when actually there was nothing to translate. I'm fully scheduled (actually overworked) 'till mid August, and it is likely that the same client sends more stuff by then.

This week I actually had to assign a 3,000-word scientific article to a colleague because there's just not enough time.

Jackpot, I'd say!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Has your workload decreased this year in comparison to last year?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »