Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Are you willing to install specific software to work on a project if requested by your client?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Jaime Oriard
Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:01
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It depends May 28, 2015

If my client is a direct client and I will be paid for the trouble, sure! If installing a piece of software means reinstalling something I haven't reinstalled since the last time I cleaned my drives, sure! But if it means installing a CAT tool, no! I complied a few times before, but always regretted it. I also used to work with different CAT tools to accommodate different LSP clients, but now I only use the one CAT tool I prefer.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:01
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Ditto! May 28, 2015

Chris S wrote:

Using new software always makes me unhappy, even new versions of Word

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Are you willing to install specific software to work on a project if requested by your client?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »