Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: If you are out of office for a few days, do you bring your laptop/tablet with you?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Difference between bring and take Apr 15, 2015

Julian Holmes wrote:

I do not have a laptop/tablet.

Even if I had one I would never bring it with me, because I would never take it with me.

Well, done, sir!

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Local time: 06:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Regional variations Apr 15, 2015

That bring is fine for those speaking in Ireland.

[Edited at 2015-04-15 15:50 GMT]

Deirdre Brophy (X)
Deirdre Brophy (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to Irish
+ ...
Usually, but... Apr 15, 2015

A couple of years ago I hiked for two weeks on the Camino de Santiago, laptop free, no-one wants an extra four kilos on their back, and it was fantastic to be almost free of electronics! This year I plan to go hiking in Ireland for a week, I find clients don't mind if I take a week or too off in July or August.

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 06:05
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Canadians bring things with them too Apr 15, 2015

Noni Gilbert wrote:

That bring is fine for those speaking in Ireland.

[Edited at 2015-04-15 15:50 GMT]

Just got a list from the school to inform me of what my 17-year-old will need to bring with her on her NY trip.

As far as the survey goes - I'd like to say no, categorically, because I've ruined many a vacation in the past by working my way through it, but it depends. I have, too, sometimes delivered a project the day before going away, and needed to be ready for edits.
Also, when I go to visit my parents, I like to have a laptop with me to be able to use work as an excuse to not participate in certain activities.

[Edited at 2015-04-16 00:36 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: If you are out of office for a few days, do you bring your laptop/tablet with you?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »