https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/262888-poll_what_is_your_biggest_distraction_while_working-page2.html&phpv_redirected=1

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: What is your biggest distraction while working?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Marta Cervera Areny
Marta Cervera Areny
Spain
Local time: 03:56
Catalan to Spanish
+ ...
Family, of course Jan 20, 2014

I work at home and my mom or my in-laws come to take care of my baby twins everyday... so even though they try not to bother me a lot, it's inevitable that I hear the babies cry or laugh or my mom sing or keep telling the twins... "say maaaaamaaaa, can you say that? maaaamaaa"

Chris Ellison
Chris Ellison  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2013)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I agree with you all... Jan 29, 2014

...except the spying on my neighbour malarky! ;o) Obviously I don't have any worth watching. That and the fact that continuous screen viewing has ruined my eyes and I'd be lucky to see that far these days.

Particularly poignant is the "you 'work' at home" sentiment, meaning "you clearly do nothing and therefore ought to be cleaning the house/shopping/washing the clothes/taking the kids to school or picking them up" etc.

But I reckon the question should be reversed: how
... See more
...except the spying on my neighbour malarky! ;o) Obviously I don't have any worth watching. That and the fact that continuous screen viewing has ruined my eyes and I'd be lucky to see that far these days.

Particularly poignant is the "you 'work' at home" sentiment, meaning "you clearly do nothing and therefore ought to be cleaning the house/shopping/washing the clothes/taking the kids to school or picking them up" etc.

But I reckon the question should be reversed: how do you keep from NOT being distracted?

)
Collapse

Ana Claudia Macoretta
Ana Claudia Macoretta  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Pandora Apr 28, 2016

My beautiful Weimaraner; she is my biggest distraction and source of interruptions...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is your biggest distraction while working?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »