Thread poster: Mohammad Emami
Mohammad Emami
Mohammad Emami  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2010)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Feb 9, 2011

In order to provide a consistent translation for our clients worldwide, please post your ideas on the way we translate Iranian identity documents.

For کارت ملی, I personally use 'National ID Card', and I translate شناسنامه as 'Birth Certificate'.
However, there are some other attitudes that as شناسنامه literally means ID Card, we would translate it as 'ID Card', regardless of its booklet format as opposed to what we assume to be an actual CARD.
... See more
In order to provide a consistent translation for our clients worldwide, please post your ideas on the way we translate Iranian identity documents.

For کارت ملی, I personally use 'National ID Card', and I translate شناسنامه as 'Birth Certificate'.
However, there are some other attitudes that as شناسنامه literally means ID Card, we would translate it as 'ID Card', regardless of its booklet format as opposed to what we assume to be an actual CARD.

What do you think? Would a distinction between 'National ID Card' and 'ID Card' be helpful?
Collapse

Alireza Karbalaei
Alireza Karbalaei
Iran
Local time: 02:28
"گواهی ولادت" برای "Birth Cirtificate" Feb 9, 2011

برای "Birth Certificate"، به نظرم "گواهی ولادت" بهتر است. چون در واقعیت نیز، چنین چیزی داریم. همان برگه ای که، قبل از صدور شناسنامه، بر اساس گزارش زایشگاه و به طور موقت صادر می شود تا بعداً به استناد آن، "شناسنامه" صادر شود.
علیرضا کربلائی

Elmira Pouyamehr
Elmira Pouyamehr
Iran
Local time: 02:28
+ ...
identity certificate Oct 11, 2012

برای شناسنامه Identity certificate
بهترین گزینه است چرا که حالت کارت ندارد
birth certificate
برای گواهی ولادت استفاده می شود که از بیمارستان صادر می گردد.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Mahmoud Akbari[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ID Card or Birth Certificate

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »