Air Force Test - This will drive you nuts!!
Thread poster: Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:36
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Jun 24, 2011

This thread is part of the Translator playground: a place for translators to have fun, to network, to learn, and to hone their translation or linguistic skills. See the announcement here.

Need a quick break from work? In this area translators and language professionals can play games and share material which do not fit in other categories within the Translator playground.

Have fun!

The object of the game is to move the red block around without getting hit by the blue blocks or touching the black walls.

If you can go longer than 18 seconds you are phenomenal. It's been said that the US Air Force uses this for fighter pilots. They are expected to go for at least 2 minutes.

Give it a try but be careful...it is addictive (or forward it to someone you want to frustrate)!!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~pontipak/redsquare.html

Andreas Majetic
Andreas Majetic  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2010)
English to Swedish
Well, Jun 25, 2011

Time flies at least, that's for sure =)

24,6 seconds after about 20 tries, but the lag (freezes every 3 seconds or so) makes it nigh unplayable atm =/.

2 minutes is awesome.

Edit: 25.4 now... but It speeds up like crazy then O_o

[Redigerad 2011-06-25 00:25 GMT]

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:36
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
I am impressed!! Jun 25, 2011

Andreas Majetic wrote:

Time flies at least, that's for sure =)

24,6 seconds after about 20 tries, but the lag (freezes every 3 seconds or so) makes it nigh unplayable atm =/.

2 minutes is awesome.

The best I got so far is 9 seconds...

Gudrun Wolfrath
Gudrun Wolfrath  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:36
English to German
+ ...
Thank you, Nicole, Jun 25, 2011

although I have not been too successful so far!

Gudrun

Chris Dawe
Chris Dawe  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:36
Portuguese to English
+ ...
No Carrier take-offs for me then! Jun 25, 2011

Well, that's MY career as an F-15 pilot well and truly scuppered (6 seconds was my best attempt).............

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Air Force Test - This will drive you nuts!!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »