Jarosław Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:59
Chinese to Polish
+ ...
Feb 23, 2008

Hi

I got a peculiar problem

I have translated an odt file (converted from doc) and all went smoothly until I wanted to open the translated document in OO. OmegaT claimed that the translated document had been created fine. Then I tried the same with a html file (converted from the same doc). The translated document opened but much of the file had gone blank - most of the text and images that should be there were neihter there nor anywhere else. Is this a bug in OmegaT or
... See more
Hi

I got a peculiar problem

I have translated an odt file (converted from doc) and all went smoothly until I wanted to open the translated document in OO. OmegaT claimed that the translated document had been created fine. Then I tried the same with a html file (converted from the same doc). The translated document opened but much of the file had gone blank - most of the text and images that should be there were neihter there nor anywhere else. Is this a bug in OmegaT or is it normal when you convert from doc?

Jarek
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
This is not normal Feb 23, 2008

Jarosław Zawadzki wrote:
OmegaT claimed that the translated document had been created fine.

Did you validate the tags? Sometimes, invalid tags will make OOo refuse to open the file, but who knows, perhaps certain combinations of invalid tags may cause OOo to open the file anyway (and then not display it correctly).

Then I tried the same with a html file (converted from the same doc). The translated document opened but much of the file had gone blank - most of the text and images that should be there were neihter there nor anywhere else.

No this is not normal, although I don't know what the problem might be. Have you tried converting the MS Word file to DOCX and translate a few sentences of that file in OmegaT? I mean, just to check... there may be a LOT MORE tags in it, though.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
What version are you using? 1.7.3? Feb 23, 2008

smo

Jarosław Zawadzki
Jarosław Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Poland
Chinese to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the tags Feb 24, 2008

thanks, it was the tags

Jarek

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

OmegaT creation error

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »