How to export a bilingual interlinear version of the translation
Thread poster: José María Llovet Abascal
Dec 26, 2018

Hi there.
I am using OmegaT 3.6.0 update 4.
I was wondering if there is a way to export a version of the translation in which the original text and the translation are put together as they appear when you are actually translating. I am doing a translation of an ancient text which is going to be reviewed by a group of colleagues. So, what I want is for them to see the original text in Ancient Greek and then my translation, line by line. It is a text by Aristotle, so OMEGAT has conve
... See more
Hi there.
I am using OmegaT 3.6.0 update 4.
I was wondering if there is a way to export a version of the translation in which the original text and the translation are put together as they appear when you are actually translating. I am doing a translation of an ancient text which is going to be reviewed by a group of colleagues. So, what I want is for them to see the original text in Ancient Greek and then my translation, line by line. It is a text by Aristotle, so OMEGAT has conveniently divided the text into lines, using the Bekker numeration. So, what I want is to be able to print or export my translation to .PDF or .DOC, so that they can see the line by Aristotle and then my translation of that line (exactly how I see it when I am translating). This would be a very useful tool, specially for translating ancient texts and for educational purposes.
Many thanks in advance,
J. M. L
Collapse

José  María Llovet Abascal
José María Llovet Abascal
Mexico
TOPIC STARTER
Copying and pasting Dec 27, 2018

Well, I just discovered I can copy and paste the whole thing in MS Word. Seems like a pretty good solution.

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:37
Russian to English
+ ...
scripts Dec 28, 2018

Probably someone will answer here who knows the best method, but otherwise you can check these:

This has been discussed a lot on the yahoo group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OmegaT/conversations/messages/43200

Here's a script from Kos
... See more
Probably someone will answer here who knows the best method, but otherwise you can check these:

This has been discussed a lot on the yahoo group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OmegaT/conversations/messages/43200

Here's a script from Kos Ivantsov's blog: https://libretraduko.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/omegat-html-table/

PS - Why are you using such an old version? OmegaT is now at 4.15_3. That's Beta, but there's no reason not to use it, and many reasons TO use it.

[Edited at 2018-12-28 13:36 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to export a bilingual interlinear version of the translation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »