EmilyBailey
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:22
French to English
+ ...
Oct 23, 2017

Good afternoon,
Managed to solve it - 23/10/2017 at 18:22
I have been given an xliff file to translate, and in the past whenever I have used OmegaT and clicked on 'create translated document', the translated xliff file is in the target folder. This time, however, I have had no such luck. Has anyone ever encountered this issue, and if so - how did you go about sorting it?

Many thanks in advance,

Emily

[Edited at 2017-10-23 17:23 GMT]

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
What was the solution? Oct 25, 2017

EmilyBailey wrote:

Good afternoon,
Managed to solve it - 23/10/2017 at 18:22
I have been given an xliff file to translate, and in the past whenever I have used OmegaT and clicked on 'create translated document', the translated xliff file is in the target folder. This time, however, I have had no such luck. Has anyone ever encountered this issue, and if so - how did you go about sorting it?

Many thanks in advance,

Emily

[Edited at 2017-10-23 17:23 GMT]

Glad to hear you've managed to solve it! Can you share the solution? I don't normally use OmegaT, but for people who do, it could be useful.

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:22
Spanish to French
+ ...
Yep! Nov 2, 2017

I'm with Artem... would be nice to have the solution

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:22
English to Czech
OmegaT + filters Nov 2, 2017

EmilyBailey wrote:

I have used OmegaT and clicked on 'create translated document', the translated xliff file is in the target folder.

This time, however, I have had no such luck. Has anyone ever encountered this issue, and if so - how did you go about sorting it?

I am translating *.XLF (renamed TXLF from Wordfast Pro 5) in OmegaT 4.1.2_3 from October 7, 2017 (a nightly Builds (link from http://omegat.org/download ) with okapiFiletersForOmegaT-1-4m33 and all works as usual.

Milan

alfred-b
alfred-b
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:22
English to Russian
+ ...
use another CAT Nov 2, 2017

would be nice to have the solution

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Omega T not creating translated XLIFF file in target folder

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »