Thread poster: alin33

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:57
English to French
+ ...
No need to import, just copy glossary files in the folder Jan 19, 2015

alin33 wrote:
Hi,I have another question about the glossary folder,Is there an option in omega-t to import glossaries into that folder and where can I find them?

There's no need to "import". Just copy your glossary files (in the right format) in the glossary folder.

Accepted formats are 3-column text files separated by a tabulation or a comma (CSV) and TBX files.

Didier

alin33
Israel
TOPIC STARTER
glossaries for omega-t Jan 19, 2015

Is there places that I can download already made glossries or I should create my own glossaries during the translation?

France
English to French
+ ...
Most of the times, you have to create your own glossaries Jan 19, 2015

alin33 wrote:
Is there places that I can download already made glossries or I should create my own glossaries during the translation?

Although you can sometimes find existing glossaries (for instance, in open-source projects, or the Microsoft one), most of the time you have to create your own glossaries (or used one supplied by the client).

Didier

atakee
Germany
German to Turkish
+ ...
Omegat and TMX management Apr 20, 2015

Dear colleagues,

As a newcomer in the forum I would like to ask the following questions:

1 - Does one have to always change the language direction of a TM file, when translating with OmegaT? In other words, should one transform an EN-TR *.tmx file into a TR-EN *.tmx file in order to use it when translating a document from Turkish to English?

2 - I'd like to ask the same question regarding the usage of glossary files: does one have to change the language
... See more
Dear colleagues,

As a newcomer in the forum I would like to ask the following questions:

1 - Does one have to always change the language direction of a TM file, when translating with OmegaT? In other words, should one transform an EN-TR *.tmx file into a TR-EN *.tmx file in order to use it when translating a document from Turkish to English?

2 - I'd like to ask the same question regarding the usage of glossary files: does one have to change the language direction of a glossary file (for example, EN-TR) into the other direction (in this example, TR-EN) when translation in the opposite direction?

Thanks very much in advance for your kind answers!

E. Atak
Collapse

France
English to French
+ ...
TMX no, glossary yes Apr 21, 2015

atakee wrote:

There's no need to change the direction of a TMX in OmegaT: OmegaT automatically picks the translations in the right direction.
That doesn't mean a project works both ways, but a TMX created by a project can be used in another project in the reverse direction.

2 - I'd like to ask the same question regarding the usage of glossary files: does one have to change the language direction of a glossary file (for example, EN-TR) into the other direction (in this example, TR-EN) when translation in the opposite direction?

Text file glossaries have to be reversed manually (generally in a spreadsheet) by switching the first and second column. TBX glossaries are read both ways automatically.

Didier

Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:57
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
@RNA Apr 21, 2015

RNAtranslator wrote:

if you didn't sign an NDA that prohibits it, you can also upload the documents to

You hijacked this thread on TMX management. You should re-post this as a new topic.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

omega-t memory tmx

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search