OmegaT can't create final document, HELP please
Thread poster: Sophie Cherel

Sophie Cherel  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:31
Member (2013)
French to English
+ ...
Jun 18, 2014

Hi there,
When I press CTRL+D to create the final document in OmegaT, I get an error reading:
java1.5 RuntimeException: Invalid two-pass processing: number of segments are not equal

Before that, I got an error reading saying access denied because it couldn't find the file (although the file path listed was correct). I then double-checked and validated tags that still needed correcting, and now it says all tags are correct.
I have no idea what caused this, because I
... See more
Hi there,
When I press CTRL+D to create the final document in OmegaT, I get an error reading:
java1.5 RuntimeException: Invalid two-pass processing: number of segments are not equal

Before that, I got an error reading saying access denied because it couldn't find the file (although the file path listed was correct). I then double-checked and validated tags that still needed correcting, and now it says all tags are correct.
I have no idea what caused this, because I was able to create the final document last night, and have changed nothing (except that I've worked on the translation) on my computer since.

Please help, it's urgent due to deadlines.
Thank you!
Sophie
Collapse


 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:31
English to French
+ ...
Problem is solved, source files became corrupted Jun 19, 2014

Sophies Words wrote:
When I press CTRL+D to create the final document in OmegaT, I get an error reading:
java1.5 RuntimeException: Invalid two-pass processing: number of segments are not equal

Before that, I got an error reading saying access denied because it couldn't find the file (although the file path listed was correct).

This was the origin of the issue. Some application had (at least) partially locked the source document, even if closed.
When that happened, cached source files became corrupted. (Word files are zipped archives, which OmegaT extract in a temporary cache.)

I then double-checked and validated tags that still needed correcting, and now it says all tags are correct.
I have no idea what caused this, because I was able to create the final document last night, and have changed nothing (except that I've worked on the translation) on my computer since.

Please help, it's urgent due to deadlines.
Thank you!
Sophie

This was solved through the Yahoo support group.
The solution was to create a new project, so that OmegaT would recreate the cached source files.

Didier


 


There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »


OmegaT can't create final document, HELP please

Advanced search






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search