Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 00:44
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The files are in the right folder... but the icons are white Aug 6, 2013

Didier, I guess I need every little thing explained to me. When you wrote "from" Omega, I was thinking, I am not trying to get the files FROM Omega, I am trying to get them INTO Omega.

So thank you, Hans (I apologize for the gender confusion – I hope you noticed that I edited my post before you wrote your last one!) for telling me I needed to close Omega.

So now my files are in the Dictionary file, and it looks just like your last screen shot, Hans, except that the i
... See more
Didier, I guess I need every little thing explained to me. When you wrote "from" Omega, I was thinking, I am not trying to get the files FROM Omega, I am trying to get them INTO Omega.

So thank you, Hans (I apologize for the gender confusion – I hope you noticed that I edited my post before you wrote your last one!) for telling me I needed to close Omega.

So now my files are in the Dictionary file, and it looks just like your last screen shot, Hans, except that the icons are all white. And no dictionary shows up in the Dictionary pane when I open Omega. So they must be empty, and I must have done something wrong in extracting the files. The files I unpacked from the .tar file also have white icons. But the extensions are correct, so I don't know what I did or didn't do.
Collapse

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 12:44
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Unpacking went wrong? Aug 6, 2013

Elisabeth Maurland wrote:
I apologize for the gender confusion

No need to. You're not to blame, really, I use my daughter's account, and that is confusing.

Please download "my" version of the Norwegian dictionary:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2184204/dictionary.zip
(around 80 kB), unzip it, and replace your dictionary folder with the downloaded one.

The first time I did it right, the dictionary only showed up briefly, in the lower bar. So don't despair. It really does work.

Cheers,

Hans

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:44
English to Czech
OmegaT is program, project and others are data Aug 6, 2013

Elisabeth Maurland wrote:

So now my files are in the Dictionary file, and it looks just like your last screen shot,

Hi Elis,

I have for all OmegaT'projects (40 different) a folder OmT on my harddisk K (or on flesh disc F), see

subdirectory "glossary"

http://www.condak.net/cat_other/omegat/2013-08-02/cs/02.html

the first picture

and subdirectories "dictionary" and "source":

http://www.condak.net/cat_other/omegat/2013-08-02/cs/03.html

the fourth picture

If you have in subdirectory "source" any text with with the same language as is in the dictionary, go to (into) OmegaT and open this project. Then is opened "source" document in Editor pane, you will see first opened segment with tag and its end and in Dictionary pane are terms found in dictionary.

The similar pays for glossary.

Milan

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:44
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
DSL works! Aug 6, 2013

I’ve converted Hans’s dictionary to DSL (click to download), and it works fine with OmegaT. However, the dictionary function ignores inflected forms. That’s life.

Milan Condak
English to Czech
DSL works, too! Aug 6, 2013

esperantisto wrote:
I’ve converted Hans’s dictionary to DSL (click to download), and it works fine with OmegaT.

Dictionary file DSL is only one file.

http://www.condak.net/cat_other/omegat/2013-08-02/cs/07.html

Format is different, data and results are the same.

Milan

Milan Condak
English to Czech
Partially off topic to OmegaT Aug 10, 2013

Milan Condak wrote:

Format is different, data and results are the same.

Milan

Data from dictionary StarDict can be imported into dictionary Valodas (for learning words, testing, the games), too.

Export from Valodas can be used as glossary file in OmegaT.

http://www.condak.net/lekce/terminology/valodas/cs/00.html

Cheers,

Milan

Elisabeth Maurland
Elisabeth Maurland
United States
Local time: 00:44
Member (2013)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No success yet Aug 10, 2013

Thank you again to everyone who has been/is helping. This week my Internet connection has been intermittent and extremely slow, and I have not had time to work on this much. But I will be going through all the suggestions again and figure this out, eventually.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Can't figure out how to install dictionaries

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »