OmegaT calls it "SV" but the TMX calls it "SV_SE"
Thread poster: Harklas
Harklas
Harklas
Local time: 18:02
Mar 25, 2013

Starting a new project in OmegaT, the only type of Swedish I can choose is "SV".

Fine by me, but customers send TMX files where the target language is Sweden-Swedish, "SV_SE". (As different from Finland-Swedish, SV_FI)

This has caused a lot of problems and for every problem I have invented a messy workaround but if OmegaT could just let me choose the target language "SV_SE" when starting a new project then it'd be directly compatible with the world outside.

... See more
Starting a new project in OmegaT, the only type of Swedish I can choose is "SV".

Fine by me, but customers send TMX files where the target language is Sweden-Swedish, "SV_SE". (As different from Finland-Swedish, SV_FI)

This has caused a lot of problems and for every problem I have invented a messy workaround but if OmegaT could just let me choose the target language "SV_SE" when starting a new project then it'd be directly compatible with the world outside.

Also, one thing that would be helpful is if someone knows a way to simply rename a language column in a TMX file. (Something cleaner than search-and-replace in Notepad).
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
In OmegaT, you can type any language code you want Mar 25, 2013

Harklas wrote:

Yes, but you can type anything you want.

As written above, just use the language code you want.

Didier

Harklas
Harklas
TOPIC STARTER
Solved! Mar 25, 2013

Haha, yes, I can just type and not use the dropdown menu. Insane that I didn't try it myself. Thanks a million for the answer!

(Not that I need it anymore, but it might still be interesting to know how to remove columns or change their names in a tmx. Olifant doesn't seem to do stuff like that.)

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

OmegaT calls it "SV" but the TMX calls it "SV_SE"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »