Opening files to translate
Thread poster: dougjkelly
Mar 20, 2013

I'm having trouble opening a new project to translate. I go through the process to create a new project, then I get to the point where I import the files for translation. The window with 'Project Files' opens with the selected files for import and nothing happens. According to the instruction manual I should then go autmatically to commence the translation but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:52
Russian to English
+ ...
file format Mar 20, 2013

Is your source document in a format that OmegaT supports? E.g., not .doc but rather .docx

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:52
Russian to English
+ ...
sorry for double post - system didn't respond Mar 20, 2013

[Edited at 2013-03-20 17:05 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-03-20 17:06 GMT]

dougjkelly
dougjkelly
TOPIC STARTER
I've worked it out now Mar 21, 2013

Thanks for your suggestion.
The editor mini-window thing was closed. I don't know why it was closed and it doesn't say anything about the fact it can close. For any other newbies who encounter a similar problem, if you click on the bottom there are some tabs like 'dictionar', 'glossary' etc. Click on the 'editor' one.

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:52
English to French
+ ...
You can also use Restore Main Window Mar 21, 2013

dougjkelly wrote:
The editor mini-window thing was closed. I don't know why it was closed and it doesn't say anything about the fact it can close. For any other newbies who encounter a similar problem, if you click on the bottom there are some tabs like 'dictionar', 'glossary' etc. Click on the 'editor' one.

In case you have lost some panes, etc., you can always get back to a standard situation by using Options > Restore Main Window.

Didier

dougjkelly
dougjkelly
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 25, 2013

Didier Briel wrote:

dougjkelly wrote:

In case you have lost some panes, etc., you can always get back to a standard situation by using Options > Restore Main Window.

Didier

Thanks for the info

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Opening files to translate

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »