OmegaT - how do I set numbers and phrases to appear as already translated?
Thread poster: Nerys
Sep 12, 2012

Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone could help me. I've just started using omega T, and I was wondering if there is a way to set numbers/ certain phrases to register as already translated? For example, in the operating instructions that I am translating, the segment 'Material:' comes up quite a lot. Obviously this is the same in English as in German and it would be handy if I could get omegaT to register this. At the moment, when I look at the project files screen it shows that there are
... See more
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone could help me. I've just started using omega T, and I was wondering if there is a way to set numbers/ certain phrases to register as already translated? For example, in the operating instructions that I am translating, the segment 'Material:' comes up quite a lot. Obviously this is the same in English as in German and it would be handy if I could get omegaT to register this. At the moment, when I look at the project files screen it shows that there are lots of untranslated segments, but most of these are numbers/ phrases which are the same in both languages.
Thanks for your help,
Nerys
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:24
English to French
+ ...
Allow translation to be equal to source Sep 12, 2012

Nerys wrote:
I've just started using omega T, and I was wondering if there is a way to set numbers/ certain phrases to register as already translated? For example, in the operating instructions that I am translating, the segment 'Material:' comes up quite a lot. Obviously this is the same in English as in German and it would be handy if I could get omegaT to register this. At the moment, when I look at the project files screen it shows that there are lots of untranslated segments, but most of these are numbers/ phrases which are the same in both languages.

In Options > Editing Behaviour, check Allow translation to be equal to source. That way, when you press Enter on a segment when the target text is the same as the source one, this segment will be recorded as being translated.

Didier

Nerys
Nerys
TOPIC STARTER
Allow translation to be equal to source Sep 13, 2012

Brilliant, thank you! That really helps!
Nerys

Oscar Rivera
Oscar Rivera
Hungary
Local time: 00:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
This has helped me! Jul 29, 2013

Oh! I thought you left like that as it'd be the same in the source and final documents. Thanks Didier!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

OmegaT - how do I set numbers and phrases to appear as already translated?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »