veratek
veratek
Brazil
Local time: 16:53
French to English
+ ...
May 21, 2012

Hi,

I was working on two docx files from the same client in one OmegaT project. However, for file fff, when I try to generate the final translated document, it does, but then I get this error from Word 2010:
=========
The file fff cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.

Details - le nom placé dans la balise de fin d'élément doit correspondre au type d'élément de la balise de début.

... See more
Hi,

I was working on two docx files from the same client in one OmegaT project. However, for file fff, when I try to generate the final translated document, it does, but then I get this error from Word 2010:
=========

Details - le nom placé dans la balise de fin d'élément doit correspondre au type d'élément de la balise de début.

=========

The original files were "doc," I saved them as "docx" with compatibility on, and then opened them in OmegaT (not that this might necessarily be relevant, but it's what I did).

Does this mean that it's a "balise" for formatting text in OmegaT? Or some other thing?

Does anyone know what this is and how the problem can be solved?

I tried this test: I made a copy of the fff document, created a new OmegaT project, imported the copy fff file with the translation memory, and started just confirming the text from the memory into the translated text. I did it for 10 paragraphs and was able to generate a Word final file correctly, so I continued about half way through the document. When I tried to generate the final translated file again, I got the same error as in my original translation.

Thanks a bunch for any help.
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:53
English to French
+ ...
Validate tags May 21, 2012

veratek wrote:

=========

=========

The original files were "doc," I saved them as "docx" with compatibility on, and then opened them in OmegaT (not that this might necessarily be relevant, but it's what I did).

Does this mean that it's a "balise" for formatting text in OmegaT? Or some other thing?

Does anyone know what this is and how the problem can be solved?

Outils > Valider les balises, and correct any issue mentioned.

Didier

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

OmegaT doesn't produce correct docx file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »