Google MT v2 not working with Omega T
Thread poster: JMonte
Dec 1, 2011

Hello,

I tried to use my Google MT v2 API in Omega T with Windows Vista, the automatic translation
will not work. The error message runs: Server returned HTTP response
code: 4
... See more
Hello,

I tried to use my Google MT v2 API in Omega T with Windows Vista, the automatic translation
code: 400 for URL:
https://www.googleapis.com/language/translate/v2?key=null&source=PT&target=EN&q=Publicação:%2030/11/2011%2015:44%20Atualização:

I checked the MT configurations of Omega T (the INI file), they are
ok. I changed my Google MT v2 API key, the new key will not work, same error message as above.

any help is welcome!
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:44
English to French
+ ...
Check how you entered your key Dec 2, 2011

JMonte wrote:
code: 400 for URL:
https://www.googleapis.com/language/translate/v2?key=null&source=PT&target=EN&q=Publicação:%2030/11/2011%2015:44%20Atualização:

I checked the MT configurations of Omega T (the INI file), they are
ok. I changed my Google MT v2 API key, the new key will not work, same error message as above.

I can only reproduce your error if I do not enter an API key correctly.

You could check this recent howto:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT/message/23808

Didier

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:44
Russian to English
+ ...
Vista problem? Dec 2, 2011

I tried to help a friend who uses Vista set up her GT key, and there was a problem with changing the configurations file--Vista would not allow it. I am NOT an expert by any stretch of the imagination, so I asked someone for help who knows more. If following Didier's link doesn't help, I will try to reconstruct what he did. I believe he renamed the existing .ini file and made a new one with the key information in it. It worked fine after that.

PS - your link is no good

[Edite
... See more
I tried to help a friend who uses Vista set up her GT key, and there was a problem with changing the configurations file--Vista would not allow it. I am NOT an expert by any stretch of the imagination, so I asked someone for help who knows more. If following Didier's link doesn't help, I will try to reconstruct what he did. I believe he renamed the existing .ini file and made a new one with the key information in it. It worked fine after that.

PS - your link is no good

[Edited at 2011-12-02 12:04 GMT]
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:44
English to French
+ ...
Vista and 7 require editing the .ini file in another place Dec 2, 2011

Susan Welsh wrote:
I tried to help a friend who uses Vista set up her GT key, and there was a problem with changing the configurations file--Vista would not allow it.

This is addressed in the link I gave above.

I believe he renamed the existing .ini file and made a new one with the key information in it.

Yes. Quoting the howto:

3.2. Move the .ini file somewhere else on your disk, as the files within
the original directory are in read-only mode
3.3. Open the file .ini in a plain-text editor
3.4. Ad the following line to the text in the file:
-Dgoogle.api.key=YourGoogleAPIKeyHereMineHas39Characters
3.5. Save the file and move it back to the OmegaT folder
(Users of Windows XP can edit the .ini file directly in Program Files
supposing they are being logged-in as Administrator)

Didier

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Google MT v2 not working with Omega T

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »