Thread poster: Claude Koch
Claude Koch
Claude Koch  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:44
German to French
+ ...
Nov 10, 2011

Hi everyone,

I just want to install Tokenizer for OmegaT, but I really don't understand how to do. I know where to find the plugins folder in OmegaT but I don't know how to modifie the OmegaT launch script to make the language pairs work correctly. I have tried several times but I couldn't succeed.

Can you give a tip? I work on an iMac with an OS 10.6.8

Thanks in advance.

David Young (X)
David Young (X)  Identity Verified
Denmark
Danish to English
OmegaT Yahoo group Nov 10, 2011

Hi Claude. Are you a member of the OmegaT Yahoo group?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT/
This is an issue which has been discussed and clarified there - at least for Windows users. I had a problem getting the Danish tokenizer working and successfully followed the advice on the thread. If you can't find what you need, post your question and you'll get a very quick response.

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:44
Russian to English
+ ...
Did you read the HowTo on the website? Nov 11, 2011

http://www.omegat.org/en/howtos/tokenizer.php

That's the best place to start.

Claude Koch
Claude Koch  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did! Nov 11, 2011

Yes, I did but I can't found the "OmegaT launch script"? Sorry, I sure miss something ;-(

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
No launch script on a Mac Nov 11, 2011

Claude Koch wrote:
Yes, I did but I can't found the "OmegaT launch script"? Sorry, I sure miss something ;-(

There is no launch script on a Mac.

So, either you get and unzip the generic version (e.g., OmegaT_2.3.0_03_Without_JRE.zip), and then you can follow the Linux howto, or you modify OmegaT.app, which is actually a folder.

See http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT/message/17935

Basically, you put the content of the plugin in /plugins inside OmegaT.app, and you modify Info.plist with the same information you would use on a command line, except it uses XML syntax.

For more detailed support, I would recommend, as David did, to subscribe to the OmegaT Yahoo support group.

Didier

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Help! Tokenizer wanted

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »