Thread poster: Roberto Alberdi
Roberto Alberdi
Roberto Alberdi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:40
English to Spanish
Nov 10, 2011

Hi everybody,

Please bear with me if I look too dumb (probably I am), but I am brand new to OmegaT and I am not able to make it work with .ts files. As I have just said, I need to translate some .ts files and I decided to give OmegaT a try, since I don't like QT Linguist at all due to its limited functionality. I have installed OmegaT 2.3.0 Update 3 (standard version) and my system has Java 1.6.0_23-b05 already installed.

I downloaded the latest stable Okapi Plugin for
... See more
Hi everybody,

Please bear with me if I look too dumb (probably I am), but I am brand new to OmegaT and I am not able to make it work with .ts files. As I have just said, I need to translate some .ts files and I decided to give OmegaT a try, since I don't like QT Linguist at all due to its limited functionality. I have installed OmegaT 2.3.0 Update 3 (standard version) and my system has Java 1.6.0_23-b05 already installed.

I downloaded the latest stable Okapi Plugin for OmegaT (M14), unzipped the file, following the simple installation instructions I dropped its contents in the plugins folder of the OmegaT installation folder, and restarted everything.

Now comes the problem. I have created a new project and when I try to import the .ts files into it I get the following error message: "Java.Lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property org.codehaus.stax2.reportprologwhitespace is not supported." And that's it. I can't import the files into the project and I can't work with them.

There is a warning in the Okapi wiki: "Warning: Note that the plugin is currently not compatible with OmegaT 3.5. Work is being done to fix this." What do they mean with OmegaT 3.5? As far as I know, the latest OmegaT version is 2.5.0, dated Oct. 23 2011.

There is a Java Update 29 version available. Would installing this update solve the problem? I am not fond of updating things (if ain't broken don't fix it), so I would rather not to update it if I don't have to.

Should I install the Okapi Tools too? As I said, I am not fond of installing unnecessary things in my working machine, so if I can live without the Okapi tools, let there be so.

Does anybody know what am I doing wrong? I really need this app working with .ts files asap. Time is running against me and QT Linguist is anything but fast: No search and replace function in target t, no spellcheck, no consistency check, not even Ctrl+C to copy the source text...

Thank you all for your help.

Regards,
Roberto
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Ask help from Okapi Nov 10, 2011

Roberto Alberdi wrote:

I downloaded the latest stable Okapi Plugin for OmegaT (M14), unzipped the file, following the simple installation instructions I dropped its contents in the plugins folder of the OmegaT installation folder, and restarted everything.

Now comes the problem. I have created a new project and when I try to import the .ts files into it I get the following error message: "Java.Lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property org.codehaus.stax2.reportprologwhitespace is not supported." And that's it. I can't import the files into the project and I can't work with them.

There is a warning in the Okapi wiki: "Warning: Note that the plugin is currently not compatible with OmegaT 3.5. Work is being done to fix this." What do they mean with OmegaT 3.5? As far as I know, the latest OmegaT version is 2.5.0, dated Oct. 23 2011.

It's a typo, and they mean 2.5.
(Actually, the latest OmegaT version is 2.5.0 update 2, dated 02/11/2011.)

There is a Java Update 29 version available. Would installing this update solve the problem?

No.

Should I install the Okapi Tools too?

Probably no, but I cannot be sure.

As I said, I am not fond of installing unnecessary things in my working machine, so if I can live without the Okapi tools, let there be so.

Note that the Okapi Tools do not mess anything on a machine (no registry entries, etc.). It's just a folder than you unzip.

Does anybody know what am I doing wrong?

Probably nothing. Either your files contain something wrong (it looks like it at first sight) or there is a bug in the Okapi filter.

I really need this app working with .ts files asap. Time is running against me and QT Linguist is anything but fast: No search and replace function in target t, no spellcheck, no consistency check, not even Ctrl+C to copy the source text...

Then seek help where you're likely to get it.

You can subscribe to the Okapi Yahoo group or to the OmegaT Yahoo group where Okapi developers will be able to analyse your file and tell you what is going wrong.

Didier

Roberto Alberdi
Roberto Alberdi  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I will ask Okapi then Nov 10, 2011

Thak you Didier. I see you are the answerer most of the time in the OmegaT list too I will ask in the Okapi list.

Regards,

Roberto

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Okapi Plugin not working with OmegaT 2.3.0

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »