Thread poster: Ilze Klotina
Ilze Klotina
Ilze Klotina
Latvia
Local time: 00:29
Japanese to Latvian
+ ...
Oct 24, 2011

As I am working with several language pairs, I'm wondering if it's possible to create a combined glossary, for example, with legal terms. It would look like: language1 > language2 > language3 > language4. I am working with OmegaT+ and I have no idea if it will recognize such glossary file. I thank you all in advance for your advice.

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:29
Russian to English
+ ...
Not OmegaT+ Oct 24, 2011

This forum is for OmegaT, not OmegaT+, which is a different product. I think they have their own yahoo users' group.
(Sorry if this is a repeat post. The first time it didn't seem to "take.")

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:29
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
OmegaT+ help... Oct 24, 2011

ilzeilze wrote:
I am working with OmegaT+...

OmegaT+ split off from OmegaT a long time ago, and the glossary function of OmegaT has developed substantially in the mean time. For OmegaT+ queries, visit their web site:
http://omegatplus.sourceforge.net/
or join their user group:
http://groups.google.com/group/omegatplus

I'm wondering if it's possible to create a combined glossary, for example, with legal terms. It would look like: language1 > language2 > language3 > language4.

OmegaT's native glossary format is language-independent, so any glossary present in a project will be used for it, no matter what the source language. Also, the native format has only three columns, in which the third column is a comment column.

OmegaT also supports TBX (to some extend), which allows one to have multiple languages in a single file, and specify the languages per term, but I'm not sure if OmegaT's TBX support supports that. You can ask on the OmegaT user group: [email protected].

OmegaT+ does not support TBX at this time:
http://omegatplus.sourceforge.net/doc/Essentials.html#gloss
but its native glossary format is similar to that of OmegaT.

[Edited at 2011-10-24 12:35 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Large glossary with several target columns

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »