Margreet Mohle  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:41
Member (2010)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 22, 2010

Hi,

I've been using SDL Trados Studio 2009 on a trial basis, but this is now ending (2 days left). I'm in the middle of a project and need to use my TM created with Studio. I exported it in .tmx format, but when I try to open it in OmegaT, it does not show up in the browse window at all (when selecting the TM file).

I'm pretty new to CAT tools and would really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Margreet

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:41
English to French
+ ...
TMXs do not appear in the browse window Dec 22, 2010

Margreet Mohle wrote:
I've been using SDL Trados Studio 2009 on a trial basis, but this is now ending (2 days left). I'm in the middle of a project and need to use my TM created with Studio. I exported it in .tmx format, but when I try to open it in OmegaT, it does not show up in the browse window at all (when selecting the TM file).

In OmegaT, you do not select *one* TMX, but a folder in which you can have as many TMXs as you want.

So, the browse window only shows folders, not files.

To check whether your TMX is recognized, put your document in the /source folder of the project, and see whether you get matches.

Didier

Margreet Mohle
Margreet Mohle  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:41
Member (2010)
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It all worked out! Dec 22, 2010

Thanks Didier,

I checked, and had to move the .tmx file into the tm folder (it was in the project folder before) and it's working great! Wish I had asked earlier; didn't expect it to be so simple

Margreet

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

using .tmx created by SDL Studio 2009 in OmegaT

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »