Michael Mestre
Michael Mestre
France
Local time: 13:34
English to French
+ ...
Apr 10, 2010

Dear colleagues,

Does anyone know how to use Tokenizers with OmegaT 2.1 (in my case, 2.1.4_1) ?
I tried to unzip the tokenizers 0.2-20 package in the OmegaT directory, just as I used to do with 2.0.5, then I ran OmegaT-tokenizers.

OmegaT itself works and the vocabulary from the glossary is detected, however it doesn't seem to perform what Tokenizers is supposed to do.

For instance, it doesn't associate a word in the singular from the glossary with wor
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I tried to unzip the tokenizers 0.2-20 package in the OmegaT directory, just as I used to do with 2.0.5, then I ran OmegaT-tokenizers.

OmegaT itself works and the vocabulary from the glossary is detected, however it doesn't seem to perform what Tokenizers is supposed to do.

For instance, it doesn't associate a word in the singular from the glossary with word in the plural from the document.
Is there a quick fix for this ?

Thank you !
Collapse

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Change tokenizers for version 2.1.1 and above Apr 10, 2010

Michael Mestre wrote:
I tried to unzip the tokenizers 0.2-20

The -2.0 means these tokenizers are designed to work with 2.0.
2.1.1 and above have an improved plugin support. As a consequence, the installation method is different.

This is documented in the readme for the latest versions of tokenizers: 0.4_2-2.1, and in HOWTO: Using the OmegaT tokenizer.

That has been discussed in the Yahoo support group, and you would get faster answers there.

Didier

Michael Mestre
Michael Mestre
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works, thanks Apr 10, 2010

Thank you Didier, it works.
I had a hard time finding the new version of Tokenizers on the sourceforge page, but now I got it.
The install procedure is not made for dummies, I have to say..

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Tokenizers and OmegaT 2.1

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »