Sweden
Local time: 01:29
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Mar 20, 2009

Hello,

First of all i like to greet everyone here as I am new to the forum

Just recently I started to work with OmegaT and i find it a very nice tool, however I am encountering some troubles. For translation at the moment I use Macintosh but under Windows XP, my version of OmegaT is 1.8.1_2. I tranlsated so far only several fles but sometimes I have a problem to open the target file in Open Office or at a
... See more
Hello,

First of all i like to greet everyone here as I am new to the forum

Just recently I started to work with OmegaT and i find it a very nice tool, however I am encountering some troubles. For translation at the moment I use Macintosh but under Windows XP, my version of OmegaT is 1.8.1_2. I tranlsated so far only several fles but sometimes I have a problem to open the target file in Open Office or at all. I use Polish version and when trying to open the file the error message reads sth. like this: "A formatting error in the inferior document content.xml at the position 2,14452 (line, column) encountered." I do not know how to fix this. So far the only way I can deal with it is to paste the source text into a new document again and 'translate' it again from zero - in which case the whole translation is already in OmegaT's memory - and then check the document after every few lines if the target still opens, saving every last good copy. If I reach the point where the error message comes up again (and the error position coordinates vary), I paste the remaining text again into a new document and go further with the procedure. But this is not the way it should be of course. I will appreciate any helpful feedback.

Thank you.

Iza
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:29
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Check tags before you create target documents Mar 20, 2009

Ctrl+T or Narzendzia → Popraw znaczniki from menu.

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Error message when trying to open target file Mar 20, 2009

In all probability, you have damaged a tag. This results in the OpenOffice.org file being corrupt when it is created.

To check that all tags are properly preserved in OmegaT, select Tools > Validate tags. Segments containing damaged tags will be displayed, and you can then access and correct them manually.

Marc

Izabela Czartoryska
Izabela Czartoryska  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you Mar 20, 2009

Wow, thank you esperantisto and Marc P for such a quick response, I corrected them and it works. I am extremely grateful! Thank you once more

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
D*n, too late to help ... Mar 20, 2009

Wow, thank you esperantisto and Marc P for such a quick response

Well, that's what happens when people use OmegaT.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Error message when trying to open target file

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »