Thread poster: Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves
Anne Greaves  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:07
French to English
Aug 29, 2018

Hello.
I am doing a proofreading test for a client and have been asked to make my comments in track changes anonymous. I followed the instructions I found online i.e.check for issues/inspect document/save document/deselect all options except personal info etc./inspect/remove all. This worked to begin with and author showed up on comments, however now when I try to make further corrections my name is appearing. I have tried to do the same thing with other documents as a test and my name is
... See more
Hello.
I am doing a proofreading test for a client and have been asked to make my comments in track changes anonymous. I followed the instructions I found online i.e.check for issues/inspect document/save document/deselect all options except personal info etc./inspect/remove all. This worked to begin with and author showed up on comments, however now when I try to make further corrections my name is appearing. I have tried to do the same thing with other documents as a test and my name is coming up again, despite having followed the procedure and getting the message that no personal information is stored. Would be very grateful for any help with this.
Collapse

Erwin van Wouw
Erwin van Wouw  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:07
English to Dutch
Change your user name Aug 29, 2018

Try changing your user name under Track Changes/Change User Name.

Anne Greaves
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 29, 2018

Thanks will try that

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 13:07
English to German
Maybe a misunterstanding of the Remove function Aug 29, 2018

Anne Greaves wrote:

when I try to make further corrections my name is appearing

That's quite ok. But what happens if you - following the further corrections - save the doc or use the "remove all" feature again?

If this doesn't work, click File/Account and look for updates.

Anne Greaves

Anne Greaves
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Success Aug 30, 2018

Thanks for all the help. I eventually discovered that when I saved the document my name reverted to author in the comments
and the colour of the track changes which was different from my first edit also reverted to the same.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make comments anonymous in Word 2016

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »